M3100 Headphone adapter - will this one work

Guest h3adl0ng

Guest h3adl0ng

Ok, like many others on this site who've bought an M3100 (or other hermes), I'm in a bit of a quandry over what to do about the lack of a 'normal' headphones socket. I'm tempted to buy some Bluetooth stereo headphones, but then that would be yet another thing I'd have to charge and it seems like a bit of a pfaff (sp?).

So, I guess I'd prefer an adapter. I've been searching for a few days now and not really found anything. But I just found this: DataKits.co.uk headphone adapter and it looks about right - except it doesn't have the peculiar extra lump on the side of the plug like the included headset.

At

Guest jimbouk

Not sure if there's any compatibility issues but I am looking for a splitter adapter that allows a headset and power lead to be plugged in at the same time.

As you say though the price makes it worth a punt. Let us know how you get on ?

Guest FragMeister

Before you go buying this, I would sneak a look at a Moto V3 Razr, as I *think* they have what looks like a *standard* usb socket and not the same as the Hermes.

Guest jimbouk

Its still a mini-usb socket and despite the hermes having a weird shape to the mini-usb port, it accepts standard mini-usb cables - so unless motorola do some weird wiring (against the mini-usb standard) it should work.

Guest The Doctor
Before you go buying this, I would sneak a look at a Moto V3 Razr, as I *think* they have what looks like a *standard* usb socket and not the same as the Hermes.

they do... although this *may* work i dont hold out much hope for it.....

Phil

Guest FragMeister

looking again at the close-up of the supplied headphones, it looks as though the connector on the headphones is NOT just a standard usb.

The connectors on a normal mini usb plug are at the "top" (long side) whereas the connectors on these headphones are on the "bottom".

take a look at Paul's M3100 review to see what i mean:

http://www.modaco.com/Pauland39s-M3100-Review-t243882.html

Guest jimbouk
looking again at the close-up of the supplied headphones, it looks as though the connector on the headphones is NOT just a standard usb.

The connectors on a normal mini usb plug are at the "top" (long side) whereas the connectors on these headphones are on the "bottom".

take a look at Paul's M3100 review to see what i mean:

http://www.modaco.com/Pauland39s-M3100-Review-t243882.html

Well I had a look but I couldn't see it clearly - if anything it looks the right way up - so I did some digging and it would appear that the motorola devices come with a mini usb cable and a mini-usb adapter

which I guess is the little doohickey seen here:

motorola-razr-v3-5.jpg

so it would depend on whether the adapter connects to the mini usb adapter or straight to the motorola port...

Edited by jimbouk