HSDPA on your V1605...

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

So Voda's V1605 is hsdpa ready but is not rom enabled to use the faster speeds (up to 1.8mb). Voda say they are going to do a rom update which will enable it in Q1 2007, but apparently their HSDPA network is already switched on and being used by their Data card customers.

According to this article, you can use a fit4cat enabler to turn on HSDPA on your 1605's...

Edited by jimbouk

Guest MARKUKCOUK
So Voda's V1605 is hsdpa ready but is not rom enabled to use the faster speeds (up to 1.8mb). Voda say they are going to do a rom update which will enable it in Q1 2007, but apparently their HSDPA network is already switched on and being used by their Data card customers.

According to this article, you can use a fit4cat enabler to turn on HSDPA on your 1605's...

Does anyone know if Orange M3100 has it turned off?

I've done this using the info on xda-developers [TOPIC] [WIKI]

I'll be in Glasgow later, where Vodafone has already rolled out their 3G Broadband (HSDPA) network, so I'll do some speed tests and post the results!

• 4 weeks later...
I've done this using the info on xda-developers [TOPIC] [WIKI]

I'll be in Glasgow later, where Vodafone has already rolled out their 3G Broadband (HSDPA) network, so I'll do some speed tests and post the results!

So has anyone tried this on Vodafone and had any increase in speed?

I'm on Vodafone in central London (supposedly covered by HSDPA). I've tried the tweak to add hsdpa support but speed tests show no change in connection speed. Actually the first 2 tests I ran showed it was connecting at lower speeds.

So has anyone tried this on Vodafone and had any increase in speed?

I'm on Vodafone in central London (supposedly covered by HSDPA). I've tried the tweak to add hsdpa support but speed tests show no change in connection speed. Actually the first 2 tests I ran showed it was connecting at lower speeds.

What sort of speeds are you getting?

I ran a test in Glasgow (G1) this evening and got a speed of 851.6 kilobytes per second! I had already done the SetHSDPA tweak a while ago, so can't confirm whether this actually changed anything - I'm just happy that it's working for me!

Guest MPXtricky

Orange has it ON

If you open \Windows\PreConfig.txt there is a line in there "EXEC:\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe /Enable"

Presumably Vodafone users can easily have it ON by adding the above line to their PreConfig.txt and installing the SetHSDPA.exe app on their phones. Oh, and maybe a ROM upgrade

Does anyone know if Orange M3100 has it turned off?
Edited by MPXtricky

Orange has it ON

If you open \Windows\PreConfig.txt there is a line in there "EXEC:\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe /Enable"

Presumably Vodafone users can easily have it ON by adding the above line to their PreConfig.txt and installing the SetHSDPA.exe app on their phones. Oh, and maybe a ROM upgrade

The line on the v1605 reads "EXEC:\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe /Disable". I have tried editing it previously, but it's Read Only and I can't find a way to get round this. Also, looking at the other programmes that are launched by this file, it looks as though it only runs at a hard reset.

Running SetHSDPA.exe from a command line or shortcut with the /Enable switch seems to have worked for me...

Edited by matho

Guest MPXtricky

If what you are saying is true, then no ROM update is required by Vodafone users. How are you checking your speeds?

The line on the v1605 reads "EXEC:\Windows\SetHSDPA.exe /Disable". I have tried editing it previously, but it's Read Only and I can't find a way to get round this. Also, looking at the other programmes that are launched by this file, it looks as though it only runs at a hard reset.

Running SetHSDPA.exe from a command line or shortcut with the /Enable switch seems to have worked for me...

If what you are saying is true, then no ROM update is required by Vodafone users. How are you checking your speeds?

Speedtests were done on www.bandwidthplace.com - I did 3 and got similar results each time. I see others are reporting unreliable results using this site, so I'll try it again with another test site, eg www.dslreports.com/mspeed