Brodit for Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've just treated myself to a Brodit mount for the Hermes from http://www.dsldevelopments.com. Super speedy delivery and excellent customer service, pics below of it in car.

Point to note is it's a lot tighter fit with the TyTN than the M3100 (there is the tiniest amount of movement with the M3100), i'm going to clarify whether there are plans for 2 different versions for HERM100 and HERM200.

Highly recommended tho, as always Brodit are top quality, and dsldevelopments come highly recommended (they take PayPal too, which I like!)

P

brodithermes1.png

brodithermes2.png

Guest rickwookie

Somthing like this for the hermes would be cool. Particularly if it allowed landscape mounting (so the keyboard was up the right way) then you could use the keyboard to enter destinations in your navigation software by just sliding up the screen.

[Edit:] Just followed the link in the first post and they already do such a device, sorry. Not sure how it connects for power though, looks like it has a flying-lead which makes the solution look a little clumsy. I take it from the picture Paul that you went for the passive option.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest Swampie
Somthing like this for the hermes would be cool. Particularly if it allowed landscape mounting (so the keyboard was up the right way) then you could use the keyboard to enter destinations in your navigation software by just sliding up the screen.

[Edit:] Just followed the link in the first post and they already so such a device, sorry. Not sure how it connects for power though, looks like it has a flying-lead for the power which makes the solution look a little clumsy. I take it from the picture that you went for the passive option.

The active/charger version for the Wizard has a fixed plug in the bottom of the cradle, meaning when you slide it in, it mates with the charger. The mount then has a coily lead going to the lighter socket charger (included). There were other ones available from Brodit that allowed hard wiring (ie. behind the dash into the wiring).

As for the landscape/keyboard option. The Brodit mount for the Wizard appeared to require the keyboard to be always open - which wasn't something I really wanted, so I went for the portrait one, and just rotate to landscape by twisting the mount on it's rotating mount.

They're not, but i've NEVER had a device scratched by the mount, and i've had mounts for C500, C600, SP5, Prophet...

Thanks. That's good to know. I really like the look of the brodit mount so it's now on my list of "Things to get"... after the device itself !

Lee

There's a landscape version too, i'll have that tomorrow, so will post more pics :D

P

Any pics, Paul?

I need a holder as I'll be using my phone with TomTom, but can't decide which orientation would be best...

I've just treated myself to a Brodit mount for the Hermes from http://www.dsldevelopments.com. Super speedy delivery and excellent customer service, pics below of it in car.

Point to note is it's a lot tighter fit with the TyTN than the M3100 (there is the tiniest amount of movement with the M3100), i'm going to clarify whether there are plans for 2 different versions for HERM100 and HERM200.

Highly recommended tho, as always Brodit are top quality, and dsldevelopments come highly recommended (they take PayPal too, which I like!)

P

brodithermes1.png

brodithermes2.png

Based on your recommendation I have now gone and order a portrait holder form my Peugeot.

Would be nice to see if it is better to get the landscape one for Tom Tom though.

Pictures would be nice when you have a mo Paul.

Paul, quick question did you screw the holder to the dash? I currently have a Brodit holder for my K750i and managed to secure it using double sided tape. I need a holder for my Vario II and don't want to drill holes into the dashboard.

Thanks

Pdog

Guest pug205
Paul, quick question did you screw the holder to the dash? I currently have a Brodit holder for my K750i and managed to secure it using double sided tape. I need a holder for my Vario II and don't want to drill holes into the dashboard.

Thanks

Pdog

Brodit use a clip to mount their holders, so no screws are needed.

Guest Loconinja

Will the landscape holder hold the phone closed as well as open? All the photos on the dsldevelopments site show it open, but it looks like it could be closed too.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Thanks

Pdog

No, i've got the Audi A4 mount. Brodit do mounts for just about every car. Damaging interior is bad m'kay :D

P

Guest MARKUKCOUK
No, i've got the Audi A4 mount. Brodit do mounts for just about every car. Damaging interior is bad m'kay :D

P

I've got a shitty old 1997 MK3 Astra. I'm a bit concerned about vent mounts.

With Pauls... the outer part of the air vent remains static, and only the direction pieces move. With mine, the entire surround moves. It's hard to explain, I hope you know what I mean.

Basically I'm concerned that its just gonna drag the vent down, and the entire thing end up point downwards.

Guest sleepyhead
I've got a shitty old 1997 MK3 Astra. I'm a bit concerned about vent mounts.

With Pauls... the outer part of the air vent remains static, and only the direction pieces move. With mine, the entire surround moves. It's hard to explain, I hope you know what I mean.

Basically I'm concerned that its just gonna drag the vent down, and the entire thing end up point downwards.

The Brodit mounts don't actually mount to the vent itself, so you should have no worries there. They normally (assuming it is a vent mount) clip into the gaps between the vents and the main dash housing itself and are always custom designed for each and every car model so the actual fitting generally depends on the specific car's design.

I've had various Brodit mounts and matching clips over the last few years and they have always been excellent, and always hold devices firmly in place.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
The Brodit mounts don't actually mount to the vent itself, so you should have no worries there. They normally (assuming it is a vent mount) clip into the gaps between the vents and the main dash housing itself and are always custom designed for each and every car model so the actual fitting generally depends on the specific car's design.

I've had various Brodit mounts and matching clips over the last few years and they have always been excellent, and always hold devices firmly in place.

Ahh thanks for the advice. I'm only really holding off buying one because of the issues with the audio plug etc. But it appears the open-landscape active holder, is just a simple plug into the mini-usb. I wonder if you may as well make do with the passive holder than?

Guest sleepyhead
Ahh thanks for the advice. I'm only really holding off buying one because of the issues with the audio plug etc. But it appears the open-landscape active holder, is just a simple plug into the mini-usb. I wonder if you may as well make do with the passive holder than?

I've always gone for passive device holders in the past. Unless I'm going to go to the bother of hardwiring an active holder properly, IMO the passive holders are much neater because I have the choice over whether I need to connect power, and there are no cables hanging around either.

Guest bryson

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with the new TyTn's / Hermes / 3100's etc, they are tempting me to swap from my Xda Exec! I guess its a size thing vs i really do love my Exec's Keyboard and screen.......still tempted though!

Thought I would post you a Brodit 'How It Works' link to our site, this shows a windows player video of the Brodit Proclip system and Device Holders fitted to the Proclips in a nice easy video. Some of you may experience problems playing it, as it does require upto date web browsers, so please let me know if you have any problems viewing it. It has been tested in all new versions of IE and Mozilla.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/Brod...ction_Video.asp

Reference the TyTn Holders from Brodit, stocks are going out as fast as they are available and Brodit in Sweden are working hard to maintain stocks for the UK resellers including ourselves, but rest assured any holders ordered if not in stock are allocated to you for the next available delivery from Brodit.

Do drop me a line if you have any questions regarding anything Brodit,

Thanks all!

Bryson

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with the new TyTn's / Hermes / 3100's etc, they are tempting me to swap from my Xda Exec! I guess its a size thing vs i really do love my Exec's Keyboard and screen.......still tempted though!

Thought I would post you a Brodit 'How It Works' link to our site, this shows a windows player video of the Brodit Proclip system and Device Holders fitted to the Proclips in a nice easy video. Some of you may experience problems playing it, as it does require upto date web browsers, so please let me know if you have any problems viewing it. It has been tested in all new versions of IE and Mozilla.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/Brod...ction_Video.asp

Reference the TyTn Holders from Brodit, stocks are going out as fast as they are available and Brodit in Sweden are working hard to maintain stocks for the UK resellers including ourselves, but rest assured any holders ordered if not in stock are allocated to you for the next available delivery from Brodit.

Do drop me a line if you have any questions regarding anything Brodit,

Thanks all!

Bryson

Hi Bryson, I would like to order the passive Holder for the Tytn. Can you confirm you have any in stock?

Thanks

Pdog

Guest Snoopstah

I presume the TyTN holders work with the Vod/Orange/T-Mob variants of the Hermes?

Incidentally, I've always wondered why the 'fixed installation' mounts cost so much more than the cig lighter installation mounts. I'm sure it's Brodit that do this, because they cost significantly more from all suppliers...