Brodit for Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest richcbaker
I got one today, and have to admit they look great and work a treat.

I have a skoda octavia and a vario 2...

Cheers;

I would like a holder for my vario ii, which one did you go for?

Thanks

Richard

I would like a holder for my vario ii, which one did you go for?

Thanks

Richard

Hi richbaker,

It depends whether you need just a Passive, non charging holder for your Vario II, (code 848690 keyboard closed or 848691 keyboard open) or one of the charging versions with either a cig lighter charger (codes 968690 or 968691) or finally hardwired to cars power holders that charge your device and can also power your BT GPS unit with the additonal purchase Molex adapter lead, (codes 971690 or 971691)

Most people are going for the cig lighter versions, you just need to decide whether you want the keyboard exposed all the time (***961) or the Vario II in a closed position (***690) Dont forget the Brodit Holders for both allow you to rotate the device 90 degrees so you can run in either landscape or portrait which is great for sat nav apps. Finally you will need either a vehicle specific proclip to mount your chosen holder onto, or a windscreen suction mount if you prefer that option.

Drop me a line if you need any more help deciding, or hop onto the website, link below,

Thanks again,

Bryson

Dont forget the Brodit Holders for both allow you to rotate the device 90 degrees so you can run in either landscape or portrait which is great for sat nav apps.

Hi Bryson,

I've been looking for a holder for some time now thats made especially for my T-Mobile Vario II. I didn't realise that I'd be able to rotate it 90 degrees as you mentioned because I was going to opt for a cheap universal one as most of them can be freely moved around.

I just wanted your confirmation this is true as I will be wanting to use my device in standing portrait for Sat Nav and then turn in on its side and switch to landscape for video playback/etc. Your saying that I can do this?

Could you recommend the right unit, I wanted one with wiring so I can hardwire it to my car fusebox. Also I understand there are particular pro mounting for each model of car?

Quick Question For All

Is it possible to build a lead which will charge my device whilst taking an audio signal as I'd like to be able to have it on charge and at the same time link my device into my existing car audio system through its auxiliry input (Red and white RCA plugs on back of unit)

Hi Bryson,

I've been looking for a holder for some time now thats made especially for my T-Mobile Vario II. I didn't realise that I'd be able to rotate it 90 degrees as you mentioned because I was going to opt for a cheap universal one as most of them can be freely moved around.

I just wanted your confirmation this is true as I will be wanting to use my device in standing portrait for Sat Nav and then turn in on its side and switch to landscape for video playback/etc. Your saying that I can do this?

Could you recommend the right unit, I wanted one with wiring so I can hardwire it to my car fusebox. Also I understand there are particular pro mounting for each model of car?

Quick Question For All

Is it possible to build a lead which will charge my device whilst taking an audio signal as I'd like to be able to have it on charge and at the same time link my device into my existing car audio system through its auxiliry input (Red and white RCA plugs on back of unit)

Hi,

No problems, happy to advise, you need the Molex hardwired holder 971690 this allows you to wire it into your cars power system and hide the cables and also with the appropriate Molex Adapter lead ( additional purchase needed) can power your GPS reciver if you have one and that way all the cables are hidden.

Just to confirm you can rotate it a full 90 degrees so you can use it in Portrait or landscape mode, but with the 971690 for closed postion you cannot expose the keyboard at all, its just PDA mode, but it will do as you want for video playbak in landscape etc very easily.

You need to attach the 971960 onto a Brodit proclip - each proclip is designed just to fit that car in your chosen location, so for sat nav i would recommend a centre mount as the higher the better for visual intructions from your VarioII and sat nav.

Here is the Link to the 971690 page, its at the bottom - and you can search for a Proclip from the 2nd pane on the page also:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/hold...odit-Holder.asp

Here is the link to the Molex to GPS adapter leads to feed your BT gps if needed:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/brod...lexadapters.asp

Hope that helps, drop me a note if you need any more advice ok!

Thanks again

Bryson

Guest Kallisti
Just to confirm you can rotate it a full 90 degrees so you can use it in Portrait or landscape mode, but with the 971690 for closed postion you cannot expose the keyboard at all, its just PDA mode, but it will do as you want for video playbak in landscape etc very easily.

Conversly, can you hold the phone vertically, closed with the 848691/968691?

It'd be nice to have the best of both worlds!

Conversly, can you hold the phone vertically, closed with the 848691/968691?

It'd be nice to have the best of both worlds!

Indeed you can have the phone held vertically and open keyboard with Brodit codes 848691 & 968691, but with these holders you cannot close the keyboard,

Cheers

Bryson

Guest gingercat

I've not got my Vario II fitted into a Brodit in my Mk2 Mondeo and it is just fantastic.

The sheer luxury of being able to tilt the phone to avoid glare etc. without then having to pick everything up from under the pedals as with my old holder which didn't seem to want to stay clipped into the vents...

Hi

Another vote for Brodit, got mine this morning, fitted in about 5 minutes. Really nice quality, fits superbly very pleased.

I bought the active portrait version and fitted on the dash of my MG ZT.

Theyre not cheap but they are worth the money.

Can anyone tell me, I assume there is some kind of transformer in the cig lighter plug so I cant just chop it off and hardwire it?

Rob

ps Bought from DSL Developments and delivered in less than 24 hours! :D

Hi

Another vote for Brodit, got mine this morning, fitted in about 5 minutes. Really nice quality, fits superbly very pleased.

I bought the active portrait version and fitted on the dash of my MG ZT.

Theyre not cheap but they are worth the money.

Can anyone tell me, I assume there is some kind of transformer in the cig lighter plug so I cant just chop it off and hardwire it?

Rob

ps Bought from DSL Developments and delivered in less than 24 hours! :D

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the kind words, glad you are pleased with it, promise me dont chop the cig plug off and try to hardwire it, you will damage your machine, you could buy a 2nd cig lighter socket and hardwire that and hide the cable or alternatlively you could have got the 971690 Molex hardwired holder which is more expensive agreed but allows hardwiring. Im sure you will be ok with it as a cig plug version, many thanks again, Bryson

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the kind words, glad you are pleased with it, promise me dont chop the cig plug off and try to hardwire it, you will damage your machine,

Bryson

I promise! I think another socket may be the answer for me.

Thanks for the quick delivery btw :D

Rob

I promise! I think another socket may be the answer for me.

Thanks for the quick delivery btw :D

Rob

Hi Rob, your welcome, Brodit make an adidtional cig lighter socket Brodit code 945008, heres the link, its about 3/4's way down the page of accessories or copy the code 945008 into the search box top left of the homepage:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/hold...odit-Holder.asp

Hope that helps, no worries if not, just thought it may help you,

many Thanks again

Bryson

Guest richcbaker

I received mine this morning too, but I was a bit disappointed the active one does not have a power socket for my GPS :D , all previous active holders (not Brodit) have had this. But it is very good quality and it the description on the DSL web site doesn't mention a power socket, will teach me to read before I buy:-)

I received mine this morning too, but I was a bit disappointed the active one does not have a power socket for my GPS :D , all previous active holders (not Brodit) have had this. But it is very good quality and it the description on the DSL web site doesn't mention a power socket, will teach me to read before I buy:-)

Hi, Brodit offer this facility if you choose the fully professional install versions of their holders, in the Tytns case codes 971690 & 971691 for fully hardwiring to your cars power and charging your GPS at the same time.

Thanks

Bryson

Hi All,

As requested by a few users - we now have the Brodit holders for the HTC TyTn listed on our Brodit Holder Menu on the left hand side by service carrier network, ie Orange SPV M3100, T Mobile Vario II, I mate JasJam, Vodafone V1605 etc, hope that makes the navigation a little easier for you all. We have put them on a special promo price also!

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/brodit.asp

Many thanks again all,

Bryson

Guest proindigo
Check out *this* site to see how the brodit proclips fit to most vehicles (It shows pretty pictures! :D )

I just got the cheapo version from carphone whorehouse, and it seems to work. even has foam grip to stop scratching. Fits t-mob vario 2 snug and perfectly.

Guest proindigo
Check out *this* site to see how the brodit proclips fit to most vehicles (It shows pretty pictures! :D )

I just got the cheapo version from carphone whorehouse, and it seems to work. even has foam grip to stop scratching. Fits t-mob vario 2 snug and perfectly.

As requested by a few users - we now have the Brodit holders for the HTC TyTn listed on our Brodit Holder Menu on the left hand side by service carrier network, ie Orange SPV M3100, T Mobile Vario II, I mate JasJam, Vodafone V1605 etc, hope that makes the navigation a little easier for you all. We have put them on a special promo price also!

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/brodit.asp

Just ordered mine :D

Bryson - you've a couple of typos on that page. The 848 passive holders say 'Active' in title and 'with cigarette lighter plug' in the description - very confusing :D

Edited by fozzie

Just ordered mine :D

Bryson - you've a couple of typos on that page. The 848 passive holders say 'Active' in title and 'with cigarette lighter plug' in the description - very confusing :D

oooooh thanks for the advice, we shall look into this right away!

Bryson

oooooh thanks for the advice, we shall look into this right away!

Bryson

Hi, Website text description problems fixed, many apologies to all for any confusion caused over the descriptions!

Thanks again

Bryson

Bryson...

I'd like to buy the Brodit but would like a faster shipping, I'm in Mexico, is this possible??

I'm aware it will raise the cost

Hi, drop me an email from my website, or pm me, we will be able to sort something im sure,

Thanks

Bryson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonhitch

Hi Paul,

great photos and thanks for the information. Have you looked at the 'active' ones which are hardwired into the car. I have an Audi A4 and I was wondering how long the connecting cable was on the uni and whether it would get in the way of any of my buttons and coin holder in the car.

Experience & or photos would be great

Thanks - Jon

I've just treated myself to a Brodit mount for the Hermes from http://www.dsldevelopments.com. Super speedy delivery and excellent customer service, pics below of it in car.

Point to note is it's a lot tighter fit with the TyTN than the M3100 (there is the tiniest amount of movement with the M3100), i'm going to clarify whether there are plans for 2 different versions for HERM100 and HERM200.

Highly recommended tho, as always Brodit are top quality, and dsldevelopments come highly recommended (they take PayPal too, which I like!)

P

brodithermes1.png

brodithermes2.png

HI there,

I am very interested in a Brodit for my vario II, however I would like to know if you provide a solution where I can also charge my GPS at the same time via one car charger socket. Either some sort of double usb connection or an output from the cradle itself.

I have read some problems with usb double car chargers they dont provide enougth juice to charge both devices.

When I had a dell PDA the cradle I had allow to me to charge another item from the cradle.

My GPS charges via a mini usb connection like the vario.

cheers in advance :rolleyes: