Where have you guys got these from?

Guest neilfenstein

Guest neilfenstein

Have all you guys that own a STRTRK either bought them from expansys or the like or live outside the UK? I would love to know when this phone will be taken on by orange at least if not T-Mobile.

I heard that you could get rebranded Qtek phones from Vodafone like the SP5, has any body asked about the Qtek 8500?

Guest paholman
Have all you guys that own a STRTRK either bought them from expansys or the like or live outside the UK? I would love to know when this phone will be taken on by orange at least if not T-Mobile.

I heard that you could get rebranded Qtek phones from Vodafone like the SP5, has any body asked about the Qtek 8500?

Got mine from expansys, and have been using it with an Orange PAYG sim in the UK with no major problems at all. Had to manually configure the MMS and GPRS settings but these are widely available.

The only minor issues are intermittent connection failure to GPRS when trying to retrieve my email, and the occasional hangup, but nothing a reboot wouldn't resolve.

Cheers

Got my Dopod version (S300) from ebay. Very happy with it.

Funny thing, I also get GPRS failure sometimes and a restart is the only thing that will solve it (enabling flight mode then disabling it doesn't work either :D ) I thought is was just the Dopod version. Hopefully a rOM update will fix it.

gR