Removing Orange software from M3100

Guest andy_martin77

Guest andy_martin77

Hi,

Long time reader.. 1st time poster.

I have a o2 XDA miniS and am looking into getting the M3100 on Orange.

On the MiniS you could choose to install in corperate mode on the initial boot and this did not install all the o2 active bits and pieces which really slowed the phone down. Is this something that is possible on the M3100? ie. Just run it with the standard WM5 today screen etc and install my GPRS settings manually?

Thanks,

Andy.

Edited by andy_martin77

Guest jimbouk

Two options:

1) Simply choose a windows theme and make sure you unclick the "Orange" item on the Settings, Today, Items tab. This gives you the same device just without the Orange front end

2) Run the hard-reset, soft reset trick (and using the ext rom app on Paul's must have software page - you can then choose which orange customisation cabs to load.)

For the simplest life go with option 1 - all you device settings (GPRS< MMS etc) will be correct but no orange homescreen.

Guest andy_martin77
Two options:

1) Simply choose a windows theme and make sure you unclick the "Orange" item on the Settings, Today, Items tab. This gives you the same device just without the Orange front end

2) Run the hard-reset, soft reset trick (and using the ext rom app on Paul's must have software page - you can then choose which orange customisation cabs to load.)

For the simplest life go with option 1 - all you device settings (GPRS< MMS etc) will be correct but no orange homescreen.

Excellent. Thanks for the reply. Me off to order! :)

Two options:

Have you got a link to option 2 and how difficult is it really?

Guest jimbouk

Simply go to Paul Must Have Hermes software thread and get the extended rom unlocker.

The hard reset soft reset trick is simply a timing thing. Perform a hard reset, let the device restart, but then perform a soft reset before it starts to load the extended rom (ie the networks customisation and settings).

You can then browse the extended rom and install the cabs you want.

I guess the advantage of this is that you get some extra storage space on the device - the downside being that you need to either install most of the cabs or manually input data settings etc.

• 11 months later...
Guest brentley21453
Two options:

Its puttin me off getting one the fact that its locked to orange crap.. the main fing i dont liek is the white bacground of which i can see... on an orange contract m3100 is it possiblle to chage it to the windows theme... wht is the windows thme.. is it liek the 02 xda blue fing.. or is it plan white.. anddoes the windows theme alow diffo backgrounds .. thanks

Guest MikeSel

Can you make the phone look exactly how you want!

It's just themes which you can download from loads of sites on the Internet.. You can also remove the simlock using programs made by many different people.. You can find them here. These are simply 'mirrored' from XDA Developers.. I don't really use the site so cant link to the post\thread with them on there..

I have not used these, but am lead to believe they are safe..