M3100 possible issue

Guest craighome

Guest craighome

Hi

Got my M3100 a couple of days ago, happy with it but come across a couple of issues recently:

1. Occasionally when in landscape with the slide out keyboard, it seems not to work/respond in any application until after a soft reset.

2. I seem to have an intermittant issue when the "C" caps gets turned on erratically and if i turn it off it seems to reenable itself after a few characters. Not been cleared by a soft reset either!!!

<<>>

3. Does anyone know when using the slide out keyboard and a word is suggested how you accept it, if I push the down arrow key it highlights it.

Many thanks for any help people can give on the above issues and whether you have seen them also

Regards

Craig

Edited by craighome

Guest jimbouk

Can't help with the landscape issue other than to suggest you make sure you don't have too many apps open in background.

The caps issue confused me too. Basically pressing the blue circle and then shift turns on caps lock. You need to press the blue circle and then shift again to get it to go away.

Guest fox5150

I've got the same issue with landscape mode. Normally this manifests itself whilst writing a text message. I'll got to add a recipient for the text message, it fails to pull up the contacts list, so I try to back out of it and the whole unit locks up. Nothing responds, not even the hardware buttons. In the end I have to soft reset the device.

I have phoned Orange to complain about this and am waiting a response.....

I've also had an issue with calls being dropped. I phoned Orange to find out about this and apparently they've been having issues with the 3G network in my area causing calls to be dropped. I've had to force the phone to only use GSM and so far, I haven;t had any dropped calls. Trouble is, it's strangling the data rate as I can only use GPRS.

Craig,

On Quesiton 3 - once you have selected the word, press the enter button on the keyboard.

P.S. To change the options for word suggestions, not sure if you knew - but you can increase or decrease "Suggest after... letters"

Start/Settings/Personal/Input/Word Completion

Guest fox5150
I wonder if the device locking up issue relates to the poor network issues. Perhaps the UMTS chip is slowing the device down?

I haven't had any lockups since reverting to GSM. Will wait and see what it's like once I get the go-ahead to switch UMTS back on.

I really hope they're not related......

Guest fox5150

Orange agreed to replace my phone and the replacement arrived this morning. There are no problems with lockups, call quality is crystal clear and doesn't drop out. The replacement unit is also infinitely quicker and more responsive than the original.

Looks like I had a duff one...