Camera on my M3100

Guest mbeattie

Guest mbeattie

Ok,

Iv had my M3100 for a few days now and have customised it as much i can, i finally got a chance to play around with the camera......if thats what you call it...

Every picture i tyake is so dark i cants make anything out. and if i make sure there is plenty of light the picture is extremely blurry. iv checked all the setting and checked its not on macro mode.

Took a picture of outside and the colours are wierd and picture is hazy.

Does anyone have any issues taking pictures indorrs with the phone.

Any comments would be greatful. the pictures am getting are that bad that i cant make them out

Guest jimbouk

Mine's working fine. I had a prophet before with same camera (but no flash) and if anything the pics are better (even without flash).

Post your various camera settings here and I will compare them to mine.

Guest mbeattie

camera settings are all auto, nothings being changed. i tinkered with the adjustments but nothing drastic enough to cause the problem am having

White balance - auto

Effect - none

Resolution - 2M

Quality - Super fine

Capture Mode - Photo

Contract +5

Saturation +5

Hue +3

Sharpness + 5

Guest jimbouk

Is your metering mode set to centre? Indoor shots work better when the canera uses the lighting levels at the target of the shot rather than whole frame.

I wonder if your cameras sensor is faulty.

Guest mbeattie

yeah doesnt really make a difference. sensor goes in and out of dark and light but never gets a decent picture.

Am gonna try some outdoor shots during the day and see.

Will post pics tomorrow to compare if you dont mind examing them

Thanks

Guest mbeattie

Macro mode is switched off, just dont think the camera is any good in dull conditions. seems to be bad at handling dark colours. good during the day tho and when plenty of light is available.

Oh well cant have it all.

PS flash is as much use as a chocolate teapot

Guest hennapod

The flash does seem completely useless. Is it even flashing at the right time?! It doesn't seem coordinated with the camera taking the photo.