T-Mobile unlimited (2gb capped)

Guest mickthetree

Guest mickthetree

Am I ever really going to use 2gb of data on my mobile?

Ok so I know this is completely dependent on what I use the device for, but for general web browsing, email (getting the odd attachment), controlling some web content management (fairly low bandwidth) am I ever really going to use 2GB?

I have a friend who has a 2GB capped limit on his home broadband. He is always online and never has a problem and thats on a PC!

I have a 30GB capped limit on my home broadband so I dont know what 2GB will actually get me.

Has anyone ever reached their cap on WNW so far?

Is there a way to see how much data you have left at any one time? That would be good!

Oooo, one last question, when I use exchange mail on the device, if someone sends me a 12MB file for example, does it actually get pushed to the device or do I have to physically open up the email and download the attachment? This seems like the obvious way it would work, but wanted some confirmation.

Cheers!

Guest jimbouk

In reality you wouldn't ever reach the limit with personal use. With a 60 mb a day average limit, it would take some serious data usage to push your monthly total to 2gb. Most fixed networks apply these limits to stop people hosting high-bandwidth sites but the mobile networks shouldn't have that worry.

With regard to mail, you set the behaviour. You can limit the size of emails downloaded and the size of attachments - which is a good idea (as you can always over-ride the settings and manually mark bigger emails/attachments for download). I have mine set to download complete emails but attachments only up to 25kb - if I get a bigger attachment it tells me and I can either wait til I am near my laptop or I can mark it and it will download.

Most mail servers have a max email size anyway and 12mbs wouldnt normally be accepted.

Setting a size limit also helps with battery life.

You can use various apps on your device to measure your daily, weekly, monthly data usage. SPB do one where you can tell it to notify you if your daily/weekly/monthly usage reaches a certain level.