PDA --> A2DP --> Phono --> Car Stereo

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Guest MARKUKCOUK

I'm looking to take sound from my PDA, via bluetooth, to some sort of adaptor which will take the A2DP signal, and pass it to the standard aux Red/White cables, and into my car radio.

Does anything like this exist?

Guest jimbouk
I'm looking to take sound from my PDA, via bluetooth, to some sort of adaptor which will take the A2DP signal, and pass it to the standard aux Red/White cables, and into my car radio.

Does anything like this exist?

I don't know of any specific device, but a stereo BT adapter would do the job. These are the adapters that receive stereo BT and have a jackplug socket for normal headphones.

You would need to buy or make up a lead that goes from stereo jackplug (that goes into the adapter) to red and white phonos (if thats what your stereo needs). As the BT device needs power/charging, you would also either have to plug the BT adapter into your cigar lighter in the car or cut up the power cable and "t" the positive into the stereo's power feed and the negative to something connected to the car chassis/body.

Sounds like a cool way to go though, except any calls would be routed through the car stereo though and thus you wouldnt have a microphone.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I don't know of any specific device, but a stereo BT adapter would do the job. These are the adapters that receive stereo BT and have a jackplug socket for normal headphones.

You would need to buy or make up a lead that goes from stereo jackplug (that goes into the adapter) to red and white phonos (if thats what your stereo needs). As the BT device needs power/charging, you would also either have to plug the BT adapter into your cigar lighter in the car or cut up the power cable and "t" the positive into the stereo's power feed and the negative to something connected to the car chassis/body.

Sounds like a cool way to go though, except any calls would be routed through the car stereo though and thus you wouldnt have a microphone.

Yup thats what I need. I already have a cable to convert 2.5 jack to the 2 red/white leads - which i used on my smartphone. I could just wait until a splitter is available for my pda (its a hermes, so has the stupid plug :D )

Guest daddyo
Yup thats what I need. I already have a cable to convert 2.5 jack to the 2 red/white leads - which i used on my smartphone. I could just wait until a splitter is available for my pda (its a hermes, so has the stupid plug :D )

I'm doing just that using the itech clips S35

the sound quality is pretty good and it's been very reliable when playing music

a few problems:-

1. no in car charger supplied

2. it doesn't re-pair automatically - when back in range of the headset you have to reselect the wireless stereo setting in the BT settings on the phone to get stereo back

3. i'm using it as a headset and it works well apart from an echo experienced by the caller. I think they can hear themselves through the car speakers a moment after they have spoken! Not sure why though - I think it's the BT software/drivers on the M3100 or it could be a BT1.2/2.0 issue cos it doens't echo when I use he headset with my w800i.

Edited by daddyo