Activesync 4.2 with Samsung SGH-i320 Smartphoen

Guest swisscheese

Guest swisscheese

I am unable to get Activesync 4.2 to make a connection to a Samsung SGH-i320 Smartphone. I have followed all of the "help" suggesyions on Microsoft's website such as allowing exceptions in the Firewall, opening up ports etc... but to no avail. My PC recognises the phone when I plug in via the USB cable, Activesync then starts automatically but it does not make the connection.

Guest Confucious

Disconect from the internet before turning off the firewall! But it is almost certainly a firewall issue.

Welcome to the forums. You've posted this in the Hurricane section but the Samsung is so new (I don't think it's out at all in the UK yet) that it doesn't have it's own section. You'd be better off posting in Smartphone Help and advice until one is created.

What firewall are you using?

And what do you think of the Samsung? I had a brief play with one the other day and it looks quite neat.

Guest swisscheese
Disconect from the internet before turning off the firewall! But it is almost certainly a firewall issue.

Welcome to the forums. You've posted this in the Hurricane section but the Samsung is so new (I don't think it's out at all in the UK yet) that it doesn't have it's own section. You'd be better off posting in Smartphone Help and advice until one is created.

What firewall are you using?

And what do you think of the Samsung? I had a brief play with one the other day and it looks quite neat.

I am happy with the SGH-i320, very slim and the keyboard, although small, works well. Once small annoying bug in that as I set up the access to my Exchange Server on the phone it does not store the password and so everytime I run ActiveSync on the phone it requests my Password. I also have a QTek 8500 which I set up with ActiveSync on the PC and it stores the password.