Reading books on tytn/varioII etc

Guest marisa4755

Guest marisa4755

Thinking of moving from XDAIIi to Vario II (if t-mobile ever really release the device in the UK!) and was wondering if any of you guys who already own one could let me know how you find reading books on such a small screen. Is this an issue?

Had a play with one in a vodafone shop on Saturday, but it was in a plastic box fixed to a bench! Couldn't see the keyboard, couldn't judge the weight or anything. Was lightning fast though, very wantable.

Any info? Thanks

If you're referring to PDFs, it depends mostly on the source. There's a special mode which I forget the name of which means some documents can't be reformatted to fit the screen. This makes it VERY difficult to read.

Otherwise it can be ok, but there are certainly limitations on how you can use these devices for long periods, or quick research, etc. With this particular device being quite happy to operate in landscape mode, I suspect it will be more comfortable than a portrait device such as an M500/Magician.

I would advise to install Adobe's Acrobat Reader 2 for PPC, but that's only cos I like to get things from the "horse's mouth" as it were! You could get rid of any existing reader, if you can be bothered, by checking around here for methods of bypassing extended rom installs, etc.

Guest marisa4755

thanks guys, I was mostly meaning real books via palm reader or mobipocket. I don't buy any paper books any more just ebooks. If Microsoft lit is ok, then the other 2 will be too.

Cheers, now come on t-mobile! Just put it on yur website. You know you want to!