Wipe all appointments in calendar without hard reset?

Guest barrybryce

Guest barrybryce

Hiya

Does anyone know if it's possible to wipe all the appointments in calendar without doing a hard reset, and making sure that they all remain in outlook on the pc?

I have many many hundreds there and don't want to do one at a time!

Thanks

Guest jimbouk

Have you tried changing the sync behaviour to just future appointments (and changing the dupe behavior to keep the item on my pc)?

Otherwise, set up a new profile in outlook (via control panel, mail), then start outlook in that profile and then see if it will sync with the empty calendar (again "keep item on pc"), then changing profiel back again.

(A little voice inside says that changing profile can only be done if you change the device name)

Guest barrybryce

I thought it should be possible with activesync - had a good mess around but no joy.

There is an appointments file in the database folder, which is what gets changed if you backup, add an appointment, and then do another inremental backup. But it's not big enough for the number of appointments stored and I can't access it anyway.

Bit stumped.

Guest jimbouk

Why dont you want to hard reset?

Unless you have something installed on the phone that is irreplaceable, these days it should only take 15 mins to resync all the things you want (and not obviously all past appointments) and to copy any favourite tones etc back onto the device.

Guest barrybryce

I'd though it might have been less hassle. I have played with settings an awful lot, and of course the best way to put things back the way they were before would be to do a restore, that will restore all the appointments.

Realy I just have the idea that I must be wasting a significant amout of space with things for 4 years ago that I probably ain't ever going to need to look at on my phone again

Guest Prosody
I'd though it might have been less hassle. I have played with settings an awful lot, and of course the best way to put things back the way they were before would be to do a restore, that will restore all the appointments.

Realy I just have the idea that I must be wasting a significant amout of space with things for 4 years ago that I probably ain't ever going to need to look at on my phone again

In the Options of ActiveSync when you select 'Appointments' there should be the options to sync 'Only the past' so many months of appointments... I.e you could just have it sync the last 6 months worht of your appointments, thus saving space... it should automatically remove any older ones. :D