just received vodafone 1605

Guest holgmaster

Guest holgmaster

i went to bluewater today and popped into orange and vodafone there, orange didn't have the m3100 but vodafone had the 1605 reserved for a customer who didn't pick the device up in time.

so me asked what deal the guy could do me.

he offered me 18 month contract, 35 quid a month.

500 min

500 txt or 25mb data which ever i use ( flexiable ), email enabled

phone FOC

3 month half price line rental , 3 month insurance ( standard i think )

and i got golden number i could choose which suited me well as i never could remember my old number.

orage wanted 50 quid for the m3100 on the 45 quid panther plan, vodafone first wanted 100 quid but he then gave it to me for free.

i think it isn't too bad considering that i would pay at least 50-100 gbp for t mobile vario II when it will be released next week ( to be confirmed still ).

also he mentioned that vodafone will bring out new price plans and data packages from 1st sep. which he wasn't allowed to tell me but he said that they would be very very similar to the flext packages and they also include a very generous data package on top.

overall, the device is great from the first impression. wifi is fast and 3G ( even though they do not support HSDPA for handsets as yet ) is fast too. nice one.

now hunting for a nice bluetooth stereo headset and micro sd card. i think for 35 quid, the deal is ok and i can switch my tariff over to the new ones on 1st september.

only one thing i noticed was, the keyboard backlight doesn't turn on. maybe not configured as yet.

happy to hear any comments.

Guest bydandie
i went to bluewater today and popped into orange and vodafone there, orange didn't have the m3100 but vodafone had the 1605 reserved for a customer who didn't pick the device up in time.

so me asked what deal the guy could do me.

he offered me 18 month contract, 35 quid a month.

500 min

500 txt or 25mb data which ever i use ( flexiable ), email enabled

phone FOC

3 month half price line rental , 3 month insurance ( standard i think )

and i got golden number i could choose which suited me well as i never could remember my old number.

orage wanted 50 quid for the m3100 on the 45 quid panther plan, vodafone first wanted 100 quid but he then gave it to me for free.

i think it isn't too bad considering that i would pay at least 50-100 gbp for t mobile vario II when it will be released next week ( to be confirmed still ).

also he mentioned that vodafone will bring out new price plans and data packages from 1st sep. which he wasn't allowed to tell me but he said that they would be very very similar to the flext packages and they also include a very generous data package on top.

overall, the device is great from the first impression. wifi is fast and 3G ( even though they do not support HSDPA for handsets as yet ) is fast too. nice one.

now hunting for a nice bluetooth stereo headset and micro sd card. i think for 35 quid, the deal is ok and i can switch my tariff over to the new ones on 1st september.

only one thing i noticed was, the keyboard backlight doesn't turn on. maybe not configured as yet.

happy to hear any comments.

Congrats,

Backlight only turns on in low light conditions as default.

What are the first four digits of the S/N out of interest? Am interested to see if Voda are getting the alledge newer stock in yet.

Guest Stuart_f

Can I ask if you got that deal as a new customer or as an upgrade and if it was an upgrade would it be rude to ask how much you spend a month?

I got offered the

Guest holgmaster

i had a pac code from o2 but didn't use that one because of the golden number. I was a new customer with vodafone.

btw, the first 4 digits are: HT628F

what does this has to do with new and old stock?

will try low light condition later on. also need heaps of software now. i took the micro SD from my wife from her E900. she will not notice, hopefully. :D

how do i access vodafone live on that device?

Guest bydandie
i had a pac code from o2 but didn't use that one because of the golden number. I was a new customer with vodafone.

btw, the first 4 digits are: HT628F

what does this has to do with new and old stock?

There is a rumour that HTC have had major issues with devices with serial numbers below HTC630xxx

Myself and a couple of others have found screen alignment issues with the v1605 which has been improved by changing to the TyTYN ROM. Check the posts on XDA devs and 4winmobile for more info.

Guest larry45

Had my v1605 for just over a week. S/N HT626.

Not had any issues with screen alignment yet but have noticed the aluminium facia coming away at the corners near the video cam. Anyone else had the same?

Apart from that the phone is superb.

Got a similar deal to holgmaster but with 700mins. I also thought that you could not change tariffs for at least 9months but could add addons.

Guest bydandie
Had my v1605 for just over a week. S/N HT626.

Not had any issues with screen alignment yet but have noticed the aluminium facia coming away at the corners near the video cam. Anyone else had the same?

Apart from that the phone is superb.

Got a similar deal to holgmaster but with 700mins. I also thought that you could not change tariffs for at least 9months but could add addons.

One of our mods had the issue with the fascia starting to come away. If you want to know more, then I'd recommend communicating with him on the link above.

Guest WILBUR

Right - I've given up waiting for the either the Vario II or the Mythical Orange Unlimited Data bundle to appear and have ordered one from Vodafone. That they've spent so much more on their network over the last 3 years than T-Mobile it has to be worth something....

200 mins, 100 texts, 250 MB of data (no VOIP allowed but everything else okay) for

Guest jimbouk

Hmmm 250mb - so nearly 10 meg per day...sounds the sort of data throughput I would expect average to high users to end up using once they get hooked on their 3g web access.

Guest WILBUR
Hmmm 250mb - so nearly 10 meg per day...sounds the sort of data throughput I would expect average to high users to end up using once they get hooked on their 3g web access.

my thoughts exactly - this is the first offer i've had that is vaguely comparable in value to Flext +WnW, and on a 12m contract.

Bad news though.... I've just had a phone call from the Vodafone sales guy - apparently all the handsets in stock are currently in quarantine! I guess this is due to the SMS issue discussed in a different thread.... He reckoned they would be cleared today, but then said "maybe tomorrow, or the next day for sure..." aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh. sounds like i might be going to t-mob after all.....

Guest bydandie
my thoughts exactly - this is the first offer i've had that is vaguely comparable in value to Flext +WnW, and on a 12m contract.

Bad news though.... I've just had a phone call from the Vodafone sales guy - apparently all the handsets in stock are currently in quarantine! I guess this is due to the SMS issue discussed in a different thread.... He reckoned they would be cleared today, but then said "maybe tomorrow, or the next day for sure..." aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh. sounds like i might be going to t-mob after all.....

I'd say that it's more likely to be the issue with screen alignment etc.

Guest holgmaster

250MB of data plus 200 min/100 txt on vodafone and all for 31 ex VAT? what tariff is that? normally the 250MB is a lot even for Vodafone. the phone might be free on a 18 month contract with the 250MB data.

25MB was all i can use with my one. Considering the heartbeat for the push email alone will maybe take 2 MB min. so leaving me with only 23 MB left. not much. would rather have 200 min and that high MB allowance then 700 min/500 txt or 25MB

i called vodafone today and they upgraded the contract to 700 min as my buddy got the 700 min deal for the same price and nothing for the handset.

Guest WILBUR
250MB of data plus 200 min/100 txt on vodafone and all for 31 ex VAT? what tariff is that? normally the 250MB is a lot even for Vodafone. the phone might be free on a 18 month contract with the 250MB data.

25MB was all i can use with my one. Considering the heartbeat for the push email alone will maybe take 2 MB min. so leaving me with only 23 MB left. not much. would rather have 200 min and that high MB allowance then 700 min/500 txt or 25MB

The guy started off offering 500min/500text/18m but i said i only needed a few minutes and lots of data.... The plan is from the business sales team, and was apparently a combination of