Turn on wifi from keyboard

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

I know it takes a few days playing with a new device to find out all its tricks (even with the wonderful Modaco to hold your hand) but how stupid am I?

I have spent the last two weeks with my 3100 pressing the comm mgr button, then clicking on wireless to turn on wifi and then turning it off the same way (or by clicking on the wifi icon in the top bar - which I though was a cool improvement over previous devices/roms)...

So this afternoon I decided to actually look at the keyboard and noticed the blue wifi symbol on the OK key. So I pressed the blue circle and then pressed Ok and (as if by magic) my wifi turned on...then (wait for it) I pressed blue circle and OK and...(yes you've guessed it) it turned off again!

I have wasted about ten minutes of my life taking the long route to wifi over the last two weeks and another two minutes letting you all know how stupid I am...or have I?

Guest tubaloopy
I have wasted about ten minutes of my life taking the long route to wifi over the last two weeks and another two minutes letting you all know how stupid I am...or have I?

Add me to the stupid list. I've spent a week doing the same as you until, like you, I spent a little time looking at the keyboard today. Have you seen the explorer shortcut on the righthand arrow key as well?

Guest jimbouk
Add me to the stupid list. I've spent a week doing the same as you until, like you, I spent a little time looking at the keyboard today. Have you seen the explorer shortcut on the righthand arrow key as well?

D'OH !

D'OH !

These are the times when I can sit back and go "aaaaaaaah!" and be thankful I can just read about your foolish behaviour. Despite the fact I haven't got the handset. But then that's probably why.

Guest jimbouk
These are the times when I can sit back and go "aaaaaaaah!" and be thankful I can just read about your foolish behaviour. Despite the fact I haven't got the handset. But then that's probably why.

I didn't know you subscribed to my blog!

I didn't know you subscribed to my blog!

I'm not *that* much of a glutton for punishment!

However normally I do quite enjoy the first weeks of owning a brand new device. This time though I'm not moving until Orange/Data/blah blah etc ad nauseam.