Last official C500 ROM

Guest Senapone

Guest Senapone

Hi all.

I'm searching for the last official C500 ROM.

I had search on Orange site but i was not able to find anything

Could you remember which version was?

I don't know if it's free to download or not, but any link (even to payment site) are appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Senapone

Guest Senapone

Many thanks!

Now i'll try to find out the "how to" walktrough (a "step by step" one because i actually don't know anything about CID, BootLoader and so on).

Edited by Senapone

Guest BanziBarn
Many thanks!

Now i'll try to find out the "how to" walktrough (a "step by step" one because i actually don't know anything about CID, BootLoader and so on).

On the orange site it says the benefits of the new update are WM10, but I have that already (I've got V4.21). Does this mean that the Orange site doesn't actually have the latest version on there yet? If this is the case, is this new version not official?

Also, will I have to network and app unlock my phone again if I upgrade?

But is it worth upgrading? Pls can someone point me towards the benefits of the update? Many thanks in advance...

cheers :D

Guest huggyd
On the orange site it says the benefits of the new update are WM10, but I have that already (I've got V4.21). Does this mean that the Orange site doesn't actually have the latest version on there yet? If this is the case, is this new version not official?

Also, will I have to network and app unlock my phone again if I upgrade?

But is it worth upgrading? Pls can someone point me towards the benefits of the update? Many thanks in advance...

cheers :D

I've installed the latest from Orange and it report build 4.21 so it looks like you already have the same version. I didn't have to network unlock after updating

Guest BanziBarn
I've installed the latest from Orange and it report build 4.21 so it looks like you already have the same version. I didn't have to network unlock after updating

Ok cool, thanks. I wonder what this August release update is about then?

• 3 weeks later...
Ok cool, thanks. I wonder what this August release update is about then?

hi

i Notice there is a ROM on the orange web site for ROM 4.2.5.2 Just wondered if any one has upgraded to try it ?

From the Orange web site

The file is a complete software update for the SPV C500.The main are of improvement are:

Correction in network settings to improve GPRS connectivity

Windows Media Player version 10

Collection of low level software correction for improved stability

Do I need to install this new software?

It is not critical to install this software, but Orange recommends that you do so to get a better usage experience.

How do I know if my device is up to date?

Go to 'Start' --> 'Settings'--> 'About'

if the field 'Operator Version' is lower than 4.2.5.2, your device is not up to date

Download

For SPV C500: RuuOCHv2.5_v4.2.5.2_ship.exe

It is not on the Orange UK Website it is on the Orange Chinese Website.

I did a Search for this File RuuOCHv2.5_v4.2.5.2_ship.exe And I think the CH means Chinese

I Hope this Helps

Regards

Michael

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this update will work on a US SMT5600? I am kind of a newbie to this and there is little or no support here in the states. If this one does not work is there one available for my phone?

TY_ORUK_21130_4214_0328_Ship.exe

Thanks,

-Chad

Edited by imchad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RoadZOmbie
Does anyone know if this update will work on a US SMT5600? I am kind of a newbie to this and there is little or no support here in the states. If this one does not work is there one available for my phone?

TY_ORUK_21130_4214_0328_Ship.exe

Thanks,

-Chad

im wondering the samething....CAN SOMEONE LET US KNOW!!! THANKS!

Guest awarner (MVP)

It will work if you have your phone CID unlocked, but it's not really worth upgrading just for the sake of it especially if you are not too sure what you are doing.

The Rom for the 5600 is not a bad one to use.

• 1 month later...
Guest pisquee
It is not on the Orange UK Website it is on the Orange Chinese Website.

I did a Search for this File RuuOCHv2.5_v4.2.5.2_ship.exe And I think the CH means Chinese

I Hope this Helps

Regards

Michael

CH I would assume to the Czech Republic version

• 5 months later...
Guest mr_yellow

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried this ROM? I'm curious whether it has an english language option or not... I would like to update my phone with it but if it doesn't support English.. well.. I'd be screwed.. =)