I-Mate JAQ

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

jaq_thumb.png

Continuing with their curious naming convention (you thought HTC were bad), I-Mate are set to release a non-HTC PPC, the JAQ! So, if HTC aren't making it, who are? Well, the JAQ is a re-branded version of the Inventec Mercury, a device which got FCC approval back in February.[/teaser]

The JAQ will supposedly have the following specs:

• WM5 for PPC
  • TI OMAP850 200Mhz CPU
  • Quadband (with EDGE)
  • 1.3MP Camera
  • QVGA touchscreen
  • 64MB RAM / 128MB ROM
  • miniSD
  • Bluetooth 1.2

As I'm sure you'll agree, not incredibly impressive and hardly a device to lust over but I'm sure there are some out there who'll like the quirky looks, even quirkier name and won't mind too much that it's a bit lacking in the specs department.

jaq_full.png

Guest Laser_iCE

So back to the TI processor and silver designs... ugh.

I heard rumours from a friend on IRC that i-mate were fed up with HTC and would no longer be redistributing HTC devices ... He was saying that he had an interview with i-mate and the guy was literally throwing HTC devices around because he just really didnt like them...

But c'mon, I don't want Treo looking devices, PLEASE.

EDIT: Is that a joystick I see? Oh hell no. Never again.

EDIT #2: So what happens when they want to expand from this device? Will they call it the i-mate JAQin ? Haha...

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest jimbouk

I bet Imate are smarting a little that HTC are now selling direct and via their stake in one of Imate's competitors.

Maybe they will do pink one and call it the JAQui?

Guest sxywill2005

JAQ s***!

I am definately not looking forward to this fugly device.

Why can't HTC and other ODM's design nice looking handsets like some SE, Moto, Samsung and Nokia handsets?

Please take design tips HTC and Invetec. The SPV C500, was very nice. The C600 in white just oozes whith style. The Hermes form factor is good too.

Guest xerxes
I heard rumours from a friend on IRC that i-mate were fed up with HTC and would no longer be redistributing HTC devices ... He was saying that he had an interview with i-mate and the guy was literally throwing HTC devices around because he just really didnt like them...

I wonder if I-mate is fed up with the number of returns on HTC handsets. Compared to SE, Nokia and Samsung HTC's build quality is very poor. This isn't anything to do with Windows Mobile, the Treos they make have a very high fault rate too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.