Unable to install - lacking security certificates

Guest kloksa

Guest kloksa

I have recieved a QTEK 9100 (HTC Wizard) from my employer. The ROM-version is 2.18.7.4 NOR.

It has been configured (by an external supplier) with Pylon Anywhere for syncronization.

I have tried to installed two different sharewhare GPS-programs on this unit (PTGMAP and OZIExplorer). I have also tried to install other sharewhare like Magic Button. All these attempts have been stopped with error-messages like:

- "Cannot open the file PTGMAP. It either lacks a signed certificate or cannot find one of the components" (my translation).

- ".. can not be installed because it does not have a digitally signed certificate" (also my translation)

- or simply "cannot be installed"

Does anyone know what the reason for this may be? Could the unit possibly be "locked" by the external supplier? Is there a way to fix this?

I am planning to buy some TomTom software for this unit, but want to make sure I'll be able to install it before spending the money! :D

Guest awarner (MVP)

TomTom should work without a problem but regarding application locking I've not heard of it on a PPC before.

Normally you have a warning message about do you want to install the software witha yes or no option.

I do not know the qtek rom myself though.