HTC Hermes headphones hacks

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

HTC Hermes headphones hacks (see what I did there?)...

At the moment, there's no doubt the HTC Hermes is hot property. Hitting the streets in a number of guises, the must-have handset is being very well received, but one of the areas it disappoints is when it comes to the headset.

You remember when we used to complain about the 2.5mm jack on devices, and how much nicer a 3.5mm standard stereo jack would be? Well now we REALLY have reason to complain, because they've ditched that too and integrated the headphone connector into the miniUSB plug :D

Thankfully, the community is a resourceful one, and a number of people have come up with their own solutions to the problem!

Check out:

- allandean's doctoring of the original headset (remote remains), end result: 2 x 3.5mm sockets (headphones + mic)

- dade's doctoring of the original headest (only the connector used), end result: 3.5mm socket

- dave's @ 4winmobile's replacement of the original headset (remote remains), end result: 3.5mm socket

Personally I think i'll probably wait for an adaptor. :D Of course, if A2DP worked properly it wouldn't REALLY be necessary :D

P

Guest dreamweavel
Of course, if A2DP worked properly it wouldn't REALLY be necessary :D

You're kidding...? I was really looking forward to this and was about to shell out on a pair of BT headphones... Should i not bother?

Guest fluffcat1
Personally I think i'll probably wait for an adaptor. :D Of course, if A2DP worked properly it wouldn't REALLY be necessary :D

P

Shame they didn't include one with the unit - like Samsung did with the i300 smartphone.

Richard

Guest urbanbiker

I recently bought a really nice set of deep bass Koss headphones to use with my Cingular 2125. The Koss comes standard with the standard 3.5mm plug. I went to the geek electronic parts store and bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stero adapter plug for $2.49 plus tax. It works like a champ!

Guest fluffcat1
I recently bought a really nice set of deep bass Koss headphones to use with my Cingular 2125. The Koss comes standard with the standard 3.5mm plug. I went to the geek electronic parts store and bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stero adapter plug for $2.49 plus tax. It works like a champ!

Not with the Hermes it doesn't :-(

Richard

This is it - if they're going to screw you over for years on end thru not giving you a proper socket, the least the swine can do is give you a bloody adapter. I mean, it would be cheaper than giving eveyone a set of headphones, and who the HELL doesn't have a reasonable (or even crap, at least to the quality of the included) set of headphones?? :D

MADNESS! :D

Guest jimbouk

...headphones with a microphone and a remote button?

Ok so I am not that bothered with music on the move. I'd rather hear the Pizza delivery nutter on the moped about to mow me down than be enjoying Chico's latest single. So a Jabra BT mono headset and the car charger lead plugged in does me...

"C, H, I, C, O,"

Guest nausea

The miniUSB is great because you only have to have one USB cable lying around which connects to a lot of different devices (phone, PDA, camera, etc).

I need me a 2 x 3.5mm one for my car. need audio for music & video's and need mic for handsfree conversations.

Hope adaptors come available by the time I get me one.

Pigo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.