AirTel India to offer Windows Mobile devices

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

logo.gif

AirTel India, an Indian Mobile operator, has announced it is to offer Windows Mobile handsets from HP and iMate featuring Microsoft Office software.

From rediff.com:

Telecom services provider Bharti Airtel on Monday announced a strategic tie-up with Microsoft to introduce a new technology platform that will give Airtel users access to a host of Microsoft Office applications and other multimedia products on their mobile phones.

Targeting an estimated four million small and medium enterprises potential user, the new business solution portfolio with Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 will help Airtel users access MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer), multi media functionalities like camera, MP3 and video recording and line up business application like self-force automation on their mobile phone.

The Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 will be available to Airtel customers on the latest HP I-Paq and I-Mate handset, Bharti Airtel president Manoj Kohli said, adding that this tie-up puts Bharti Airtel among 115 existing mobile operators, who currently offer the Windows Mobile solutions worldwide.

Wow, 115 operators offering Windows Mobile solutions? That's crazy... oh how Windows Mobile phones have grown from that first Orange UK SPV launch! I look forward to welcoming our new Indian members to MoDaCo :D

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest princepavs
Since it's HP and i-mate devices, no!

P

well I'm a Airtel subscriber from India... wit ma Spv C500 & C600.. since i have got these phones, i have arranged a dozen of these handsets for ma frnds n family member out here in India from Hongkong n Uk....... well i have been waiting for such phone to be launched in India... but already these are in market but ppl don't really buy them bcos of there hefty prices like A spv c500 A.k.a I-mate sp5m sells for INR 26000, tht comes around US$ 600... n thts alot out here.. few compared to Uk these phones are available at half da price we hav to pay in India.... so launching these cellphone out here with such huge price difference will not make a difference ........ i say better get them from Uk or US or even Dopod in china sells cheaper....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.