msn

Guest varioboy

Guest pete.major
has this 1 got msn installed already like the vario 1

It doesn't come with the Orange ROM, but here's a thread that describes how to install an older Windows Messenger Mobile client (near the bottom)

Modaco

Shouldn't be long until Live Messenger Mobile it out...

Edited by pete.major

Guest jimbouk

Indeed there is. Pocket MSN has been around for a year or so and is the "current" mobile MSN interface. It replaced the original MSN Messenger for Mobiles and added some integration with Hotmail.

It is the current IM client packaged with WM5 but is routinely removed by lots of networks when they customise WM devices. T have not removed it from the Vario 2.

Windows Live Mobile is the new all-singing all-dancing integrated mail, messenger, search etc tool. It is MS's latest consumer oriented attempt to be "all you need".

The Windows Live Messenger for pc's was beta tested for the last six months or so and is now fully released (I think).

Windows Live Mobile Messenger is currently in private beta and the versions available out there are leaks from testers. It is expected to be officially released quite soon.

Guest mattie01

i now its a closed beta :D i was involved in the closed beta of windows live messeger for pc's and the live mail, and also invited to the live mobile messenger trial :D

Guest darrellr
Windows Live Mobile is the new all-singing all-dancing integrated mail, messenger, search etc tool. It is MS's latest consumer oriented attempt to be "all you need".

Windows Live Mobile Messenger is currently in private beta and the versions available out there are leaks from testers. It is expected to be officially released quite soon.

I saw this review a couple of months back and have been noseing around since trying to get a copy without success. Anyone give any pointers (that don't break board policy)?

Guest mattie01

i dont even know if its worth you hunting down the app if your not on the trial.

on the pc closed beta of "windows live messenger" the client would only allow you to sign-in if your username as in the database as being on the trial.

so i would guess this would be the same, but as i am on the trial i haven't had any problems.

the rumour mill is that the official release is going to be soon but thats only a rumour...