3G Symbol in top bar

Guest andyhud

Guest andyhud

Ok, dead simple question

Now my M3100 now runs the HTC Tytn rom the symbol for 3G is a "U" (for UMTS I imagine).. while for me not a problem and not losing sleep over it, it would be nice to change this back to "3G" like it was on the original Orange M3100 ROM

anyone know if its possible? or is it hardcoded into the ROM?

Cheers

Andy

Guest jimbouk

In HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/PHONESETTING there is a key called Enable 3G LongNamePrefix and a text key called LongNamePrefix set to "3G"

I haven't changed mine but it might be what you are looking for if yours is set to "U"

Edited by jimbouk

Guest andyhud
In HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/PHONESETTING there is a key called Enable 3G LongNamePrefix and a text key called LongNamePrefix set to "3G"

I haven't changed mine but it might be what you are looking for if yours is set to "U"

Cheers Jim,

I had a look at "Enable 3G LongNamePrexix" and it is just set to a value of 1. I'm a bit loathed to change it

The "LongNamePrefix" is set to the string value of "UMTS" so I'm doubting that is it as the symbol is just showing "U"

Hmmm...

A.

Guest jimbouk
Cheers Jim,

I had a look at "Enable 3G LongNamePrexix" and it is just set to a value of 1. I'm a bit loathed to change it

The "LongNamePrefix" is set to the string value of "UMTS" so I'm doubting that is it as the symbol is just showing "U"

Hmmm...

A.

I dont know if the "longname" refers to somewhere else in the device, but try just replacing the text "UMTS" with "3G" and see if that does it?

Guest andyhud
I dont know if the "longname" refers to somewhere else in the device, but try just replacing the text "UMTS" with "3G" and see if that does it?

Changed...

Soft reset.....

Still "U"

Doh!

Guest andyhud
Changed...

Soft reset.....

Still "U"

Doh!

Hmmm, soft reset and it had changed it back to UMTS, that was with Resco Registry

Going to try REGEDITSTG.EXE

and.....

Nope.. still "U" and the value stayed as "3G" using RegeditSTG.exe

Oh well.. back to zee drawing board..

Guest jimbouk

Ah. I think its in the extended rom! I guess if you unlock the extended rom, and replace the operator cabs with the one you want, you would get it back.

Guest andyhud
Ah. I think its in the extended rom! I guess if you unlock the extended rom, and replace the operator cabs with the one you want, you would get it back.

..and on that note... does anyone have a copy (or can make a copy if its allowed?) of the cab's within the Extended ROM on an Orange M3100 with the Orange default ROM on it?

Thankyou one and all

Andy

Guest andyhud
It's not allowed :D

There's nothing interesting in there anyway, and nothing that seems to set that 3G icon is visible.

P

Doh.., fair enough... well, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it I suppose.