New Vario II. FINALLY IN MY HANDS!

Guest rickwookie

Guest rickwookie

Get 'em while there hot!

[Edit:] sorry for the poor image quality. It was taken on my poor old soon to be redundent C500.

post-53305-1156245461_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156248258_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156248273_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickwookie

Guest Paul (MVP)

/me is jealous :D

Let us know what the T-Mo branding of the device is like, and whether Pocket MSN is present!

Screenshots please :D hehe

P

Guest The Doctor

i've gone way beyond the whole jealous stage :D

3!!!! a WHOLE 3!!!!!! i havent got even one! i think i might cry! :D

anyway get them out the box and lets have a look at them :D

Phil

Guest rickwookie

Let us know what the T-Mo branding of the device is like, and whether Pocket MSN is present!

Screenshots please :D hehe

P

Yes, as confirmed, Pocket MSN is present (so I assume that gives me authority to use it over WnW and the restrictions mentioned are for an as yet unreleased MoIP system?)

Can you recommend an app I can use to get screen grabs direct from the device? If so let me know what screens you want to see.

Guest The Doctor
Yes, as confirmed, Pocket MSN is present (so I assume that gives me authority to use it over WnW and the restrictions mentioned are for an as yet unreleased MoIP system?)

Can you recommend an app I can use to get screen grabs direct from the device? If so let me know what screens you want to see.

everybody else used SOTI pocket controller... think you can get a 5 day trial for free...

Phil

Guest rickwookie
Is there a microSD card bundled with the Vario II?

Not unless you cound the one made entirely of plastic with zero storage space that helps keep out the dust until you get a real one. :D

You get:

A stereo headset (not tested it yet but it looks gash and will soon become an adaptor cable me thinks)

Carrying case (faux leather slip-in-wrap-around-magnetic-catch-flap jobby)

1 pen (that's what it actually says on the box, it's a spare stylus)

Battery charger (yay, it's the same as with my C500 so now I have one for home and one for the office. I used to have two as the misses has a C550 but she lost hers, anway, moving on)

USB cable. (self explanitory)

Oh, yeah, and a VARIO II !!! :D #

Oh nearly forgot, a "SUPER Screen Protector" Features: Made with special material/waterproof/Thin and fine (obviously labled up by the same guys that usually do condom packets then)

That's your lot.

Guest rickwookie
SOTI Pocket Controller has a free trial:

http://www.soti.net/default.asp?Cmd=Produc...mp;SubCmd=PCPro

Just the homescreen would be cool!

I assume no 'Phone Pad' btw? :D

P

No 'Phone Pad' :D

Do I need Pocket Controller Professional or Enterprise?

[Edit:] Forget that. It was just for their 'mail-me-back' info. I've got V5.07 Pro trial

Edited by rickwookie

Guest Paul (MVP)

One of device information perhaps, showing ROM build date?

It's an ugly homescreen tho :D

Good to see tha tT-Mo went for the clock rather than battery on the top bar.

I assume in Settings there is still the 'soft key applet' to pick what the buttons on the home screen do?

P

Guest FlangeArtist
Home screen:

post-53305-1156250987_thumb.jpg

Anymore?

I think that a lot of people would be interested in a few screen shots, especially of the differences between a normal PDA and the Vario 2. Also, I would personally be interested in the setup screens (especially the W'n'W ). Also, the system information would be good (build, ROM, Operator, etc.)

Guest rickwookie
One of device information perhaps, showing ROM build date?

It's an ugly homescreen tho :D

Good to see tha tT-Mo went for the clock rather than battery on the top bar.

I assume in Settings there is still the 'soft key applet' to pick what the buttons on the home screen do?

P

Yes:

post-53305-1156252317_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156252256_thumb.jpg

Interesting here the device is listed as a HERM300. Another variant?

post-53305-1156252289_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156252022_thumb.jpg post-53305-1156252049_thumb.jpg post-53305-1156252188_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156252203_thumb.jpg post-53305-1156252212_thumb.jpg post-53305-1156252221_thumb.jpg

post-53305-1156252232_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickwookie

Guest g5mike

Yup exactly that, god knows why they chose 'Running programs' looks stupid as the text doesn't all fit.

The Web 'n' Walk Icon is just a shortcut to IE that opens up 'T-Mobile favourites' - just a customised homepage with a few links on it.

There seems to be very little T-mobile customisation done.

Is there away to display the current mobile network on the today screen(i.e. T-Mobile) ?

Guest rickwookie
Yup exactly that, god knows why they chose 'Running programs' looks stupid as the text doesn't all fit.

Actually I like it!

I'm used to using a standard PPC an it's a fag to have to go Start->Settings->System->Memory->Running Programs.

That's five click down to one press. I know you could customise the device and there are various apps to make OK close the app instead of just hide it (or from many apps there's is a ctrl-q shortcut to close them (No Ctrl key on the slide out keyboard though!)) but all the same, this is simple.

The default for PPC in that place on the home screen used to be a 'New...' menu which I never found a point for.

Guest paul1664

Can you show us a few 'real' web pages in portrait mode... say...

news.bbc.co.uk,

news.com

ebay.co.uk

Just want to see how 'feasible' the web browser is for day to day use.

Guest andyhud

Hmmm, that "Soft Key" feature isnt on the HTC TyTn Rom... shame... I'd have the "running programs" options there too if I had the option on this ROM..

Oh yeah, it wasnt on the Orange M3100 Rom (at least I dont think it was) either

Perhaps a T-Mobile only special feature!

A.

Guest Pondrew

Yep, the softkey app has been included on all T-Mobile Windows Mobile devices with softkeys (Pocket PC Phones DIDN'T HAVE softkeys til WM5) since the introduction of the original SDA Smartphone (that was based on the HTC Feeler).

So much useless information in my head :D