HSDPA on Vario II

Guest Nox_UK

Guest fozzie

Can we just kill all this blx about HSDPA now.

HSDPA is used by BOTH WnW AND WnW Pro.

WnW Pro just doesn't have the restrictions (IM, VoIP etc) that are on standard WnW.

Guest noodles-21

I think this was mentioned somewhere on here... but how do I tell if i'm connected with HSDPA?

BTW, when I spoke to the guy who enabled HSDPA for my account, he did say it was a free service. I hope he's right :D

@wrxppp

Im living in portsmouth and get 3 bars of 3g signal in the house. Web and walk is quite quick did some speed tests came out at 1.1 or 861 K so pretty good really. Slows down early evening though a lot though that is probably a traffic thing.

where in portsmouth did you go?

@everyone else

I rang up 150 and asked for HSDPA 384K uplink to be added to my account and is it free? they said yes its free and they added it there and then. Have not noticed any difference to be honest cos i thought i was getting HSDPA speeds anyway and that 384K thing seems to be uploads only but im not complaining.

JEREMY

Guest noodles-21
@wrxppp

Im living in portsmouth and get 3 bars of 3g signal in the house. Web and walk is quite quick did some speed tests came out at 1.1 or 861 K so pretty good really. Slows down early evening though a lot though that is probably a traffic thing.

@everyone else

I rang up 150 and asked for HSDPA 384K uplink to be added to my account and is it free? they said yes its free and they added it there and then. Have not noticed any difference to be honest cos i thought i was getting HSDPA speeds anyway and that 384K thing seems to be uploads only but im not complaining.

JEREMY

I was wondering about that too, High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) shouldn't there be a downlink enabled aswell? shrug.gif

Well that would make sense seeing as its hsDpa but i was getting 1 megabit speeds before and i did not have it on my tariff and now im still getting 1 megabit speeds and i do have it on my tariff. (So no difference that ive noticed!)

but the thing does say on my services 384K Uplink so maybe its just for upload speeds that it is increased if so great no complaints but ive not noticed my emails being quicker to send although i dont know how i would quantify something that is near instantaneous anyway.

JEREMY

What options on 150 do you select to talk to someone about HSDPA? I have tried to get through to CS three times now and have been on hold 15+ mins and then it starts ringing and cuts me off, not good.

Craig

@wrxppp

@everyone else

JEREMY

I was staying near the Hard - I guess it was all the Yuppies in Gunwharf who were hogging all the bandwidth :D

Back home and HSDPA was back to its normal service.

Nick

I have spoke to two T-Mobile CSR's (One from personal contract's, the other from business) and they both said HSDPA has been enabled on my SIM but I still cant get above 700k? I am just about to try the fit4 hermes tweaker and see if that helps!

Edit: Installed fit4cat tweaker and now getting 927k/s - much closer to what I expected :D

Edited by cr4ig