Deploying SQLServer Mobile 2.0

Guest Raspberry Software

Guest Raspberry Software

Folks I could really use some help.

I have created a CF1.0 VB project which uses SQL Server Mobile 2.0. The application runs fine on both emulators and devices through the debugger. During this process the appropriate SQL Server CAB file is installed by VS2005 (e.g. sqlce20.ppc.wce4.armv4.CAB)

I am now creating an Install for my project. All looks fine as when I add the EXE to the project I am informed that System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll and System.Data.Common.dll are required to support my EXE so I uncheck the Exclude option to include these files.

When I Build and install my CAB on Hard reset device (e.g. no SQL Server 2.0 CAB installed) the connection to the DB throws a MissingMethodException. Searching the web it suggests there is another missing DLL required. This is backed up by the fact that if I now install the SQLServer Mobile 2.0 CAB all starts to work as expected.

I came across http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....isual_basic.asp which suggests I also need Ssce20.dll and Ssceca20.dll however including these and COM registering them produces the same error.

Has anyone deployed SQLServer 2.0 with their App and if so can you point me in the right direction? I am now getting to the point where the user will need to manually install SQL Server Mobile 2.0 CAB which is crazy.

Heeeeelp!!