2125 ROM revisited

Guest svtmook

Guest gdimaano
sorry to kick a dead dog, but is there anywhere to find the previous 2125 rom? the one prior to the craptastic rom offered by htc now?

I need the old ROM also...if anyone has the file, can you post it here? The links that I have found leads to a page at HTC that is returns "Page not found", so the actual ROM would be great. The ROM in question is:

ROM version: 1.0.9.0

OPERATOR version: 1.8.42.14

Radio Version: 4.0.13.21_01.16.01

I have heard that you can't overwrite a newer ROM with and older version, but satisfy my curiousity and post it anyways so I can fail miserably.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snooginsguy
i'll third this as well...

I have it, but I am not sure if it's ok for me to post here. If one of the moderators gives me the go-ahead, I'd be glad to hook y'all up.

Guest The Doctor
It's 38Mb, but I'll try to email.

stick it on rapidshare and post a link. as the link to it on the htc website is dead you should be allowed to. you CAN install a previous rom. search around in a few of my posts and you'll find something called typhoonnbftools 0.4. simply install winRAR. download the rom in question. rightclick on the exe you downloaded and using winrar extract it to a folder somewhere. then open then .nbf file using typhoonnbftools and edit the header data so it appears newer than your current rom. save it and overwrite the original. then run romupdateutility.exe and it'll be like a normal rom upgrade :D

phil

Guest Snooginsguy
stick it on rapidshare and post a link. as the link to it on the htc website is dead you should be allowed to. you CAN install a previous rom. search around in a few of my posts and you'll find something called typhoonnbftools 0.4. simply install winRAR. download the rom in question. rightclick on the exe you downloaded and using winrar extract it to a folder somewhere. then open then .nbf file using typhoonnbftools and edit the header data so it appears newer than your current rom. save it and overwrite the original. then run romupdateutility.exe and it'll be like a normal rom upgrade :D

phil

Excellent idea, Doctor! I was thinking of an FTP site, hadn't thought of rapidshare though...Here is the link, hopefully it works ok:

http://rapidshare.de/files/32417570/Cingul...ware_Update.zip

Also, the name of the file is obviously "Cingular 2125 Software Update", but that is because it was the ROM that came out to update pre-release 2125's that were having issues, and it is the ROM that was standard prior to Cingular's push email shenanigans.

Hope it works for y'all!

Edited by Snooginsguy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for posting the older version rom on to rapidshare !!! I have had a hard time locating it. Thank you for taking the time! really thanx!

btw: i'd think this tread would be more popular since its is the only one that i could find that had a posting of the rom for download. Lets keep this tread alive.

THere's been 21 downloads of the rom. How has it worked for you all that have downloaded and installed it?

Guest Snooginsguy
Thank you very much for posting the older version rom on to rapidshare !!! I have had a hard time locating it. Thank you for taking the time! really thanx!

btw: i'd think this tread would be more popular since its is the only one that i could find that had a posting of the rom for download. Lets keep this tread alive.

THere's been 21 downloads of the rom. How has it worked for you all that have downloaded and installed it?

I'll probably have to repost another link, because I don't have a premium rapidshare account so the one posted will run out after 30 days. :rolleyes: If anyone does have a premium account, it might be useful to post a more permanent link to the ROM...

Guest aquila421
I'll probably have to repost another link, because I don't have a premium rapidshare account so the one posted will run out after 30 days. :( If anyone does have a premium account, it might be useful to post a more permanent link to the ROM...

it will not work. sorry folks. :rolleyes:

back to the drawing board...

Edited by aquila421

Guest Snooginsguy
it will not work. sorry folks. :rolleyes:

back to the drawing board...

WHich part didn't work? did it not change the ROM at all, did it give an error, what didn't work? Also, have y'all considered changing completely over to the I-Mate ROM (search this forum for links) to get the updates and have a ROM that isn't horrible?

• 1 year later...
Guest mxpxboi
WHich part didn't work? did it not change the ROM at all, did it give an error, what didn't work? Also, have y'all considered changing completely over to the I-Mate ROM (search this forum for links) to get the updates and have a ROM that isn't horrible?

If someone can send me this file, I can post it online on my own website for anyone to download from now on. I am in DIRE need of this.