T-Mobile sim registration failed

Guest solarflare

Guest solarflare

So i got my Vario II this morning, I was happier than father christmas on valium.. in disneyland.. getting laid. My happiness was abruptly cut short when I turned that baby on and couldn't connect to the tmobile network. After multiple tries from various locations I phoned up customer services and they were about as useful as a wax tea cup. They said my sim registration failed.. yeah that's what I just told them! Couldn't tell me why, just kept on saying it not getting anywhere. So now I have to wait "up to 72 hours" for them to sort it out. That or me send it back and get an M3100. :D

Anyone else had any problems with them or am I just the lucky one?

Guest marisa4755

I had the same problem this morning, but I removed the battery and replaced the sim right down into the slot and after that it worked.

I expect you've already tried that though.

Guest blade-jac

rang them last night to let them know,, nothing happened,,,

So rang again this morning... by lunch it was working and my port date had been text to me.

To be honest, compared to o2 the service was tremendous :D

Shifting to o2 previously left me ringing for two weeks to get my number ported..

Guest jimbouk

Most important thing to do is to switch the device off, make sure the sim is seated properly, and then resist the temptation to turn it on again immediately. It seems that leaving the device off for a couple of hours helps the network recognise it when you then finally do switch it on.

Guest cedmondson

Happened to me too.

At first they said they would be able to rectify within minutes .... then an hour or two ......then they adnitted that something had gone quite badly wrong and they had a backlog of 'thousands' who would need manual intervention to activate SIMs which could take up to 72 hours. Mine picked up a signal early afternoon today - so 24 hours from notifying them BUT so far whilst I can call out & access the internet, I can't receive a call, nor can I send or receive texts.

Guest RichH6109

Same problem here. First no network, then could dial out but not receive incoming calls and now it's all working fine. Had the same message regarding "up to 72 hours", but took a little over 24!

Guest solarflare

well they finally activated my sim.. can make calls and use gprs, no umts or hsdpa though. hopefully that'l kick in any day now.

(posted from my hermes!)