*updated* Zphone HTC Hermes / Dopod 838 pro dialpad skin

Guest swampcat

@ Mark - thanks, yeah can't do without WA2. And so many skins too.

the security dialpad i'm referring to is the phone pin screen to log on to your phone.

I see what you mean now - I don't get that screen as I've configured my device security with "strong passwords" rather than the default PIN setting. The screen I see is all white with a single box on it where you enter the password you've configured; I'll have a think about dropping my security levels so I get to see the skinned version of the PIN input screen :rolleyes:

BTW, if I get WA2, do all my screens get the top and bottom bars you've supplied with the Reptile skins or just the today screen and dialer pad???

Thanks again!

Mark.

Guest swampcat

@ neekoswork - thanks :rolleyes:

@ Mark - i've never seen anything like what you use. Is it a third party app or it came with pda?

As for WA2, yes it skins for all screens, i mean in other apps too.

You can trial for 14days i think but check out all the skins available just so you know you don't have to use my boring ones. :(

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/index.php

Guest sleepnow75

Nice skin, but on the black one (not the extra black) it might look a bit cleaner if the brushed steel looking bit stayed the same color. Also, it feaks out (alignment all wrong) when doing a video call in landscape mode.

@ Mark - i've never seen anything like what you use. Is it a third party app or it came with pda?

As for WA2, yes it skins for all screens, i mean in other apps too.

You can trial for 14days i think but check out all the skins available just so you know you don't have to use my boring ones. :(

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/index.php

@swampcat - the password input screen is built in to the OS; if you've got access to a Hermes/TyTn device, go to Start, Settings, Lock. Mine's set to "Strong alphanumeric" rather than "Simple PIN" - you have to enter a "proper" password rather than a PIN number which I've got configured to kick in after ten minutes. It's a pain in the a** having to keep entering it, but at least I'm confident that if I lose the phone or it gets stolen, chances are that some towrag won't have access to my personal data :rolleyes:

When I've got a minute, I'll grab a screen shot and post it here - unless you manage to figure out what I'm talking about before then :)

I'm definitely gonna get Wisbar - the variety of skins available is unbelievable...I could have new one every hour and still never run out ;)

Cheers, Mark.

Guest swampcat

just a preview

i'm about to release the reptile and some new backdrops too but you can see from this screenshot, i've done smartdialer color all wrong (the blue writing), needs to be brighter.

post-178481-1159267737_thumb.jpg

Guest fantastic_mr_q
just a preview

i'm about to release the reptile and some new backdrops too but you can see from this screenshot, i've done smartdialer color all wrong (the blue writing), needs to be brighter.

looohoooking goooood! I love your work Swampcat! ur a genius! x

just a preview

@swampcat, I've switched my security from the strong password to a normal PIN, but the skin is still the wishy-washy blue one, not your Reptile one :rolleyes: I know I installed it with the today/dialler skins...

Do I need to re-install or is there something else I need to do to get it to work??

TIA, Mark.

Guest swampcat

@mark - no, there's nothing you can do about it. Your phone was customized by your phone provider hence it wont skin pin screen. Short of changing between the htc hermes variant roms, i don't know what else i could do to help you.

----------------

Here is the new skin pack - 22 skins altogether with their respective today themes. You can see that it is different from the previous design. this is because of video screen and it uses the same background as the dial screen so i can no longer 'fake' larger buttons. Also I have reworked the registry keys so now all the graphics are in \windows\ and phoneskin folder is no longer used.

You can install over the previous version - you'll probably find an empty phoneskin folder at the end of the exercise.

Dowload HERE | Mirror (Rapidshare) (i think my site might go down if bandwidth exceeded, file is 12mb)

zpv_cyclic_scr.jpgzpv_funky_leopard_red_scr.jpg

zpv_funky_leopard_yellow_scr.jpgzpv_reptile_blackextra_scr.jpg

zpv_reptile_red_scr.jpgzpv_vista_scr.jpg

zpv_vladstudio_bluemattwhite_scr.jpgzpv_zircon_scr.jpg

Edited by swampcat

Guest swampcat

Oh and i forgot to add, you can also exchange your own backgrounds.

Use the cab : zpv_vista_dialpad_black_smartdial.cab

Because it has a black smartdial and it will go will all backdrops.

After installing, the two images you need to change in \ windows \:

Bkgnd_land.bmp (320x188 pixels)

Bkgnd_Port.bmp (240x268 pixels)

Edited by swampcat

Good work Swamp' as always!

If you're concerned about your bandwidth though, why not have the files download individually instead? I for one am a fussy sod, so would only download one of those, but would in practise have to get the whole lot to get access to it.

Or you could set it up as a torrent maybe? God knows how you'd work that though! :rolleyes:

Guest swampcat
Good work Swamp' as always!

If you're concerned about your bandwidth though, why not have the files download individually instead? I for one am a fussy sod, so would only download one of those, but would in practise have to get the whole lot to get access to it.

Or you could set it up as a torrent maybe? God knows how you'd work that though! :(

Thanks NikLP! Actually i didnt have the strength to list them individually, i was so tired but knew i had to release them so i just bundled them all up. :rolleyes:

Testing them and taking screenshots took the longest time i think i must have soft reset over 100 times in the last couple of days only to discover i screwed up the smartdialer colours and had to do the whole lot again then take more screenies.

Guest BlancoJr

Awesome skins, thnx a lot for sharing :rolleyes:

I have one slight problem... when i manually enter a phonnumber, the smartdial area covers the numbers i enter, so i cant see my input!

Am I doing something wrong? <_<

Edit: This happens when i enter a new number, never entered before...

Edited by BlancoJr

Guest swampcat

@all , thanks guys, hope you enjoy!

@BlancoJr

That's strange!

Have you try to press the 'two-arrow' button on the top right of smartdialer. It toggles the height of the smartdialer window.

Guest wh1t3w0lf

Any chance of getting your dialpad skins in vga for the htc universal ? the themes works with out a problem. the dialpad skins dont work. thanks in advance.

Guest swampcat

I did make one for vga... dl

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=453

But there's a problem with the video button, it won't skin. It had to be put into a dll - so you must go here:

http://buzzdev.net/component/option,com_si.../limitstart,15/

read the entire topic and dl attachment and follow the instructions by MarcusVenturi on post #6

Many ppl have made it work but i couldn't test myself since i don't have the universal.

Edited by swampcat

• 1 month later...
I did make one for vga... dl

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=453

But there's a problem with the video button, it won't skin. It had to be put into a dll - so you must go here:

http://buzzdev.net/component/option,com_si.../limitstart,15/

read the entire topic and dl attachment and follow the instructions by MarcusVenturi on post #6

Many ppl have made it work but i couldn't test myself since i don't have the universal.

Dear Swampcat - thanks for all your excellent work! The vista skin is awsome. Can I ask one thing - I use a black backgound but when my bluetooth headset connects to the phone it displys its symbol of headphones in - you have guessed it - BLACK, so it is invisible.

Is there a reg edit to change that to white.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest swampcat

Nope, the only way to do it is alter the background graphic of the phone skin. You can edit it with any image editor on your pocket pc , put a light colour blob on the area (top right of the graphic)

You can find this background phone graphic in your windows directory

• 1 month later...
Guest nicoloco

Hi all,

I just bought my HTC trinity a week ago (this is my first pocket pc) and I am discoreving the world of the custmoisation.

I must confess you skin are the best I have seen for the moment , especially with the dialpad sin !!

Yet I have the same problem than Mars, my PIN screen is not skinned. But there is no provider rom as I bought it without. I have set up a password which seems to be skinned as the button are grey or black instead of green but then I have the PIN screen and it is still green.

You seems to say that you have no passwod screen and no menu start : settings / lock ??

nico

• 2 months later...

hi guys, i am new here. been watching these forums for a while now and decided to join.

first of all well done good work for all those guys who made such nice dial pads and themes for dopod 838 pro.

i need to download free software with which i can make themes for WM5 and dial pads, can any one help?

i also have a request to designers here, can some one plz make a theme for me, i need a white theme for dopod 838 pro and the font color can be black, so i can give my mobile a white look with white background.

i would really appriciate ur help.

Regards

Junaid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest swampcat
Hi all,

I just bought my HTC trinity a week ago (this is my first pocket pc) and I am discoreving the world of the custmoisation.

I must confess you skin are the best I have seen for the moment , especially with the dialpad sin !!

Yet I have the same problem than Mars, my PIN screen is not skinned. But there is no provider rom as I bought it without. I have set up a password which seems to be skinned as the button are grey or black instead of green but then I have the PIN screen and it is still green.

You seems to say that you have no passwod screen and no menu start : settings / lock ??

nico

Thanks nicoloco!

Sorry for the late reply.

I had that white pincode screen as well after i had upgraded to WM6. After searching i came across the same issue at xda-dev for Hermes and some kind user posted this file as the solution.

PhcanOverbmp.dll

You must replace this in ppc windows directory. Use something like resco explorer or total commander to replace (default file explorer cannot paste over rom files). To be safe, make a copy of your original phcanOverbmp.dll before replacing. Now pincode screen is back to normal!

Download PhcanOverbmp.zip. Unzip and put in ppc windows directory.

hi guys, i am new here. been watching these forums for a while now and decided to join.

first of all well done good work for all those guys who made such nice dial pads and themes for dopod 838 pro.

i need to download free software with which i can make themes for WM5 and dial pads, can any one help?

i also have a request to designers here, can some one plz make a theme for me, i need a white theme for dopod 838 pro and the font color can be black, so i can give my mobile a white look with white background.

thanks jeem. to make wm5 dialpads there isn't specific software built for it. i use an image editor program such as photoshop or fireworks and cab editor program to achieve the results. for today themes i use ThemeGenCe - its a great nifty free program.

I don't have any white theme (looking back at my skins, i seem to polarize towards black), maybe its time i did one. ;)