EXCLUSIVE: SPV F600 not launching in the UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

F600-front.jpgF600.jpg

Remember the SPV F600? The HTC StrTrk based flip phone also known as the Qtek 8500 and the i-mate SmartFlip?

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. That's good news if you're a dutch reader, bad news if you're on Orange UK.

The F600 will launch THIS WEEK on Orange NL!

The F600 will NOT be launching on Orange UK!

I think this is a real shame, as what Windows Mobile really needs is a sexy handset to take on the RAZRs of this world... and the F600 was probably it!

:D

p

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Mine isn't gonna be impressed either!! :D

Personally I don't see why everyone raves about this phone. It's slim, it's clamshell, but I don't think its a nice looking device at all. Especially the outer casing.

Still shame for the people who wanted it

Guest jimbouk

Its been out as the Imate Smartflip in Tottenham Court Road for some time. I had a look at one the other day.

Despite being a ppc fan, I have been watching the smartphone developments as I would be interested in having a phone factor device as well but have to say I was sorely disappointed. Its ugly, the screen is tiny (compared to the size of the device) and its performance was slow.

Guest peekie

It seems Orange are playing around with the new phones as the M3100 looks like it wont be released in holland either :D same for the C700 , i want a M3100 but cant get one so i will have to make do with the F600 for now :D now have to get the mrs to agree on me picking it up on friday :D On a quick note in holland we never got the orange branded MPX200 so its now our turn to have one :D

Guest gavingovinden

I dont know about you guys, but this phone is plain ugly to me. The whole thing clashes. The Screen looks tiny with all that space around it. Yuk.

Guest ateece

Wow. That is kinda bad news.... but as noone at Orange knew what i was talking about with an F600 when i phoned, i decided to cut my losses and leave (also, get a lousey signal at work).

And today, arrived my Qtek 8500 from Expansys, with a Voda contract, and a Jabra headset, 1gb memory... all free :-)

I honestly dont work for expansys, but would definately recomend them! Because they just put -

Guest Socrates

There is a nasty rumor on Howard forums that this (Cingular 3125 for us) has been cancelled on Cingular in the US as well. Something about it not passing their QC even after repeated ROM fixes by HTC.

I really hope it's a bogus rumor as I have been waiting for this phone and know of at least four NON-WM users who are waiting to switch carriers to get this phone.

Guest Gorskar
It's kinda ugly....

I disagree - looks pretty nice to me + its a little bit unique when everyone else has the RAZR

Anyways now need to decide if I buy one from expansys (about a 1/2 hr drive for me) or not.

Probably depends on whether I can persuade a network to give me a cheap M3100 / Vario II or not. :D

If not then I'll have this for my gadget fix!

Guest chocula81
How much does Spv F600 cost in Netherlands (with an orange plan)?

Anyone knows? Orange is starting (substitutes Amena) here in Spain in a few weeks, and i LOVE this smartphone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sporkguy

I started by hating this handset, thinking it was ugly, unoriginal design - but after holding (and obviously photographing as you can see in the first post :rolleyes:) it, I changed my mind, its a sweet little handset.

Shame we won't be getting it here, but then, I think the market demand would be quite low at best.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.