A couple of simple questions (I hope)

Guest crazyc

Guest crazyc

Hi all,

Have taken the plunge and ordered my M3100 - just waiting on stock like everyone else - incidentally, how did people find out where they were on the list - retentions told me they did not have that info?

When I get my new device I understand it will come with a new 3G SIM that I will need to use. I like to keep an old phone around as a spare - will my new SIM work in a nokia 6230i for example?

Secondly (and keep in mind I have never had a PPC before) how do I transfer my contacts from my 2G sim to the new device? Do I have to do it all manually? - Does everything go into Outlook contacts or is that different to the phone contacts?

Cheers for the help

C.

Guest jimbouk

AFAIK a USIM should work in a 2g phone - and if our contacts are all stored in your Nokia's memory (rather than on sim card), you should be able to put your USIM in that and then copy all contacts onto the USIM, then put it on the 3100 and it will copy them all into the phone memory.

Then sync with your pc and next time you get a new WM device, you just sync everything from your pc.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Or if you have a BT dongle or data cable for the 6230i, sync it up with your PC using the Nokia Data Suite and then sync it all back to the M3100 using Activesync when your new toy arrives :D