Car Kit for Tytn/Hermes/M3100

Guest andyhud

Guest andyhud

Ok, after seeing paul's thread on his brodit holder it reminded me to post this question.. ok.. 2 questions

1. On the back of the Tytn/hermes/m3100 is an external aerial connector (covered by a rubber 'bung'). Does this therefore mean there is or will be an official hard wireable car kit for the device?

2. If not, ok... thats fair enough.. but can anyone recommend a bluetooth car kit that will work with the phone? I'd rather pay more and have one that supports voice dialing, stereo muting when the phone rings, automatic answer and even display the caller ID on it...

I'm sure these devices exist, but never having used (successfully) a bluetooth carkit with a WM5 device... I'm a bit unsure...

any thoughts on either question as always... appreciated

Cheers

Andy

Guest SkUk21
Not allowed I'm afraid as per forum rules... all your answers shall be found over at xda-developers.com

A.

ok TYTN ROM installed, works great - a quick q for you andy. have you found that the device crashes and requires a reset more often than previously?

the rom is definitely faster

Guest andyhud
ok TYTN ROM installed, works great - a quick q for you andy. have you found that the device crashes and requires a reset more often than previously?

the rom is definitely faster

Well done mate..

No , not really... in fact, Its never 'crashed' on me at all on the tytn rom...

Hope that helps!

The CK3300 was the car kit I was looking at for my M3100 (although its running the HTC TyTn Rom).

Just want to be sure it fully works and plus my TomTom 5.21 will work with the GPS receiver!

I quite like the look of this: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8917.htm

It just seems like a cleaner and easier installation than having lots of bits around the car... It doesn't do GPS, but you can pick up a bluetooth GPS receiver from about

Guest SkUk21
Well done mate..

No , not really... in fact, Its never 'crashed' on me at all on the tytn rom...

Hope that helps!

ok cool, i am tempted to try the imate and dopod roms, what you think? which one is the best?

Guest proindigo
ok cool, i am tempted to try the imate and dopod roms, what you think? which one is the best?

You guys play too much with ROMS,. stop geeking out just for geeking out sake..... :D

If anyone can post when halfords or one of the other places gets something in that will work! I want one place to buy it and get it installeD!

You guys play too much with ROMS,. stop geeking out just for geeking out sake..... :D

If anyone can post when halfords or one of the other places gets something in that will work! I want one place to buy it and get it installeD!

Re the car kit - GPSfourless have emailed me to say that they will be selling a car mount for the Hermes similar to this (the iMate K-Jam version) http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=3227 within a few weeks.

I like this one as it is not expensive, has a 12v DC out to charge your GPS unit, is simple to fit and my combination of the K-Jam, Sony Bluetooth headset, bluetooth GPS unit and TomTom worked like a dream.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

On the thread topic, we have done a few really succesful installs of the HTC TyTn (Vario II and Orange 3100 etc) with parrot kits recently, customers got the Parrot LS3200 with the colour LCD display and allied that set up with the Brodit Molex Holders (Brodit codes 971690 or 971691) that allow hardwiring and powering of a BT GPS unit.

All the contacts sync'd fine, mutes the stereo as always with parrot kits, voice dialing is fine, and tomtom & Destinator 6 etc also worked perfectly too so no issue with the BT stack. Hope that helps everyone a little, heres a link to the Parrot range of kits available so you can have a read up etc,

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/Parrot/Parrot_Car_Kit.asp

Thanks all,

Bryson

Guest chrissyboy6969
Hi Guys,

On the thread topic, we have done a few really succesful installs of the HTC TyTn (Vario II and Orange 3100 etc) with parrot kits recently, customers got the Parrot LS3200 with the colour LCD display and allied that set up with the Brodit Molex Holders (Brodit codes 971690 or 971691) that allow hardwiring and powering of a BT GPS unit.

All the contacts sync'd fine, mutes the stereo as always with parrot kits, voice dialing is fine, and tomtom & Destinator 6 etc also worked perfectly too so no issue with the BT stack. Hope that helps everyone a little, heres a link to the Parrot range of kits available so you can have a read up etc,

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/Parrot/Parrot_Car_Kit.asp

Thanks all,

Bryson

I would have to disgaree about the compatibility of the Tytn and Parrot 3200ls. I have this combination and have to say the bluetooth connection is flakey at best. Using the Tytn rom it was a waste of time, always disconnecting, sometimes the phonebook transferred sometimes not the spinning circle visible all the time, calls sometimes worked sometimes didnt, causeds more lack of concentration on the road then not having a car kit. I changed my rom to the imate jasjam rom and things have improved but its still unreliable. I have just installed a powered brodit kit as i have a feeling keeping the device powered and alive will solve my problems, will be testing over the next few days

Chris

hi chrissyboy6969,

Indeed, get your device on permanent power as a must, and in settings change the lock settings if you have them enable to a longer period, try 24 hours, also have the power settings/advance/on external power - leave unticked. It may be your TyTn is going to sleep and killing the BT connection.

I havent suffered any of these issues I have to say even without making the changes above, but they may help you get yours settled in and running well.

Hope that helps,

Bryson

Guest chrissyboy6969
hi chrissyboy6969,

Indeed, get your device on permanent power as a must, and in settings change the lock settings if you have them enable to a longer period, try 24 hours, also have the power settings/advance/on external power - leave unticked. It may be your TyTn is going to sleep and killing the BT connection.

I havent suffered any of these issues I have to say even without making the changes above, but they may help you get yours settled in and running well.

Hope that helps,

Bryson

I hope so, just fitted the brodit kit, top class as usual and great service from your company cheers, i also have the latest parott software on the car kit

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrissyboy6969