Pin Protection Help Required

Guest Zane_Knight

Guest Zane_Knight

Hey all.

Just a quick question that I hope someone will be able to help me out with.

I've Googled it with no luck - either it isn't possible, or my PC has gone into Stevie Wonder mode, so sorry in advance if it's been covered.

I have a V3 Razr and an MDA Vario.

Now on the Razr, I can pin protect pretty much all functions; pin protect my texts, my organiser, my web access, my phone book etc etc.

Now considering how funky the MDA is, the only thing I can pin, is the phone when you first switch it on.

After that, technically, anybody could go through my phone and have complete access to my stuff.

My big worry is losing my phone and having some turd snoop through it.

Is there any way, to pin protect the s*** out of an MDA Vario like I can with my V3 Razr?

I would ideally like my phone book, texts etc secure!

All feedback much appreciated.

Guest adchaffey
Is there any way, to pin protect the s*** out of an MDA Vario like I can with my V3 Razr?

Have you seen that you can set the pin be requested again if the phone is unused for a certain amount of time, say 5 minutes. I've actually got mine set up request the pin again whenever i put the phone in standby mode. Can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, but I like you am a bit concerned about the amount of information i've got on my Vario!

Guest Zane_Knight
Have you seen that you can set the pin be requested again if the phone is unused for a certain amount of time, say 5 minutes.

I have indeed, but that still doesn't pin protect each function individually for more security.

There must be a way surely and if not, what a load of suck!

Guest Swampie
I have indeed, but that still doesn't pin protect each function individually for more security.

There must be a way surely and if not, what a load of suck!

Why do you need to PIN protect everything? If you set it to 5 minutes (or even less if you want including 0 minutes and 1 minute), then the phone will lock itself protecting everything.

I'd certainly not want to have to enter the PIN every time I wanted to do another function, even though I'd just entered the PIN a minute before.

What's so significant about your data/phone that you need to protect your SMS/contacts etc in the 1 minute that it takes for it to lock itself?

how to I set the pin for my SIM... I'm sure on boot up it should be able to ask you for the sim pin and then the phone pin...

or am I missing something....

how to I set the pin for my SIM... I'm sure on boot up it should be able to ask you for the sim pin and then the phone pin...

or am I missing something....

Setting up the SIM pin usually req's the oringinal PIN from your network provider its best to go into the store and do this cus then atleast you have several people at once to talk to if you happen to get a moron. but to get to the SIM pin settings its under Start> Settings> Phone DO NOT UNDER ANY SERCUMSTANCES ENTER THE WRONG PIN 3 TIMES OR YOU WILL LOCK THE SIM. and then you have no phone service untill you can get your PIN2 code and usually that takes some work (atleast on cingular).

Guest Swampie
DO NOT UNDER ANY SERCUMSTANCES ENTER THE WRONG PIN 3 TIMES OR YOU WILL LOCK THE SIM. and then you have no phone service untill you can get your PIN2 code and usually that takes some work (atleast on cingular).

On T-Mobile UK, the PUK (the code to unblock the SIM when wrong pin entered 3 times) is printed on the large SIM carrier/paper holder provided with the original connection paperwork. Also, the PUK is available through their My T-Mobile website. Never had to use it - but they do make it nice and easy to get.

No idea what Cingular is like though.

No idea what Cingular is like though.

A pain in the A$$ if you get a person who is a moron (which happens to be about 90% of the people i talk to on the phone when somthing is screwy with my account).