vario II people, (how many of you would change the front facia if you could?)

Guest mattie01

Guest mattie01

not really sure about if this is worth setting up a poll or anything, more just general intrest,

how many of you vario II guys would swap your front facia or would like the idea of it changed to a different colour, i'm not saying about the buttons yet, but just changing say the silver front for a black or something? like the m3100...

Guest The Doctor
not really sure about if this is worth setting up a poll or anything, more just general intrest,

how many of you vario II guys would swap your front facia or would like the idea of it changed to a different colour, i'm not saying about the buttons yet, but just changing say the silver front for a black or something? like the m3100...

exactly my plan :D changing the housing to one from a m3100 when i get a vario 2 and when fluffcat1 can get some housings :D but hey, it might look better in the flesh. i'll give it a month.. if it still looks ugly, i'm changing its housing :D

Phil

Guest Pondrew

I'm not sure how practical changing the cover will be, at minimum the buttons will then be mislabled as the Vario II has different button arrangement...

Guest The Doctor
I'm not sure how practical changing the cover will be, at minimum the buttons will then be mislabled as the Vario II has different button arrangement...

Surely you could just change the keyboard driver tho.... IF i succeed in getting it apart then i shall write a guide, but i'll get insurance first :D

Phil

Guest marisa4755

I can only say that it looks much nicer in the flesh than in the pictures.

I wouldn't swap it for any of the other variants, but I think it's a very personal thing, some people just won't like it. But what it does is way more important than what it looks like, don't you think?

So far no complaints at all, (and I'm very fussy)

Guest proindigo
I can only say that it looks much nicer in the flesh than in the pictures.

I wouldn't swap it for any of the other variants, but I think it's a very personal thing, some people just won't like it. But what it does is way more important than what it looks like, don't you think?

So far no complaints at all, (and I'm very fussy)

I saw the pictures and I was no way!!!! but in person its reality its quite nice. Even dare I say the back lit keyboard in Red really is super!

Edited by proindigo

Guest Snoopstah

I agree, it looked awful in the photos, but in real life it looks fantastic - the gunmetal grey case looks expensive, and constrasts with the rich deep almost-metallic red really nicely. The back looks great as well, with the textured black case and the little red and silver highlights around the camera.

The two things I dislike about it are the silly silver strip that runs around three sides of the phone, ruining the symmetricallity, and the horrible D-pad and buttons at the bottom of the phone.

If it was possible to have a TyTN screen and button section, and a Vario II keyboard and back section, that would be perfect for me. Quite unlikely though, especially as nobody but me seems to like the TyTN buttons very much :D

Guest solarflare

I have to say the red keyboard is starting to grow on me, and I like the grey/silver front. I agree the back looks really cool.

(posted from my vario II :D)

Guest randomelements

Yup - once you see it up close and personal you realise how little the pictures do it justice. It's a very good looking phone. The burgundy is much darker than you think and, as was said before, the red backlighting on the keyboard is pretty cool.

If you were to change the facia you can always change all the assignments to the buttons so that wouldn't be a problem :D

symmetricallity

Symmetry, dahling! :D

I can't see that it compares to the M3100, not without having seen (or either, for that matter!)

I'd prefer whichever one looks LESS expensive, given that I live in Notts and also have to use public transport a lot!