Copilot traffic updates on T-Mobile - costs?

Guest gingerprince

Guest gingerprince

Question for anyone who uses Copilot on T-Mobile with the traffic updates : How is your allowance for traffic done? Initially I thought it was just free, however I've since read various places that T-Mobile customers who got Copilot bundled get 2 years free traffic updates. So to enable this did you have to add anything, ie were you given a license key from T-Mobile when you bought your bundle?

Reason is I bought a Vario II which isn't yet available with the bundle, so was planning to get Copilot off ebay - however if this won't let me use the traffic because I didn't buy a bundle then I'll probably go for tomtom because it's cheaper!

Guest awarner (MVP)

You get free traffic updates for two years but you still have to pay for GPRS charges. This could be where the confusion arises.

TomTom works out more and you have to pay for traffic updates.

Guest gingerprince
You get free traffic updates for two years but you still have to pay for GPRS charges. This could be where the confusion arises.

TomTom works out more and you have to pay for traffic updates.

Hi, I'm on Web-n-Walk so GPRS data isn't an issue. All I was wondering really is if I buy copilot off ebay would I still get it free, ie is there a license code or something required or does the ALK site just "know" you're on t-mobile and let you on anyway?

Guest gingerprince
The traffic updates are linked to the License code that you use to activate your software (which comes with the software that you buy)

Okay thanks. So I'll make sure any Copilot I buy off ebay came from a T-Mobile bundle and not bought separately.

Guest travisb
Okay thanks. So I'll make sure any Copilot I buy off ebay came from a T-Mobile bundle and not bought separately.

Not necessarily. I've just sold an old version of CoPilot (bought seperately) on eBay. You should check with the seller that they have 'unregistered' the license with ALK. If they haven't or are a bit evasive, steer clear.