T-Mobile shops up to 25% discount on tariffs

Guest artax

Guest Appetite4
Is this only on 18 month Flext contracts?

Wonder if it's worth phoning up T-Mobile and threatening to return it unless they match the offer. We should all be in our 7 day cooling off period still.

I tried 'reasoning' with retentions. No flexibility on the

Guest AdWright

I rang CS this morning and was initially told that I couldn't have the discount applied to my contract. However, on pointing out that I could return the phone under the 7 day cooling off period and hence they would have an unnecessarily 'used' phone on their hands, the helpful lady spoke with her colleagues and they came back and added the discount.

I guess once again, it is a CS lottery as to whether they are helpful or not. I was very nice to the lady on the phone, so perhaps this made all the difference!

Guest wesbar

Spoke to CS last night. They initially said that there was no such offer. After I told her that the shop's were offering it and that I was going to send mine back if they did not give me the discount, she went away and spoke to sales. She said it was listed on their future promotions and they've now added it to my account. Result.

Where abouts should this be shown on my online account info?

Guest AFK_Matrix

I have been trying since Saturday to get this discount applied to my account but no joy whatsoever. There saying becuase I signed up on the 22nd and the deal came through on the 25th I am not able to get that deal on my account :D :D .

Unfortunetly I don't have the time at the mo to go through all the hassle of caneclling the acount etc. Wesbar and AdWright when did you sign upto your new contracts?

Really annoyed at this, talked to like 5 different people all in a nice manner and still no joy. Oh well I suppose 66 odd quid over 18months isn't alot but it all helps lol.

Anyone got anymore advice for getting this on my account?

EDIT: I have spoken to Customer Service who refused several times now, but when I got put through to telesales today the guy went and spoke to a Line manager and said that only customer services could do that but it sounded as thought the line manager thought it was ok to put the discount on.

Edited by AFK_Matrix

Guest peekbee

I signed up on the 23/8 and only yesterday approached T-Mobile re the offer. The customer services rep initially spoke with retentions who said no, but she thought I should get it. After a chat with her manager who agreed with her she spoke with retentions again who called me back later and agreed to take a fiver a month of my account.

This seems like a bit of a lottery to me, but all I can say is put on your bestest phone manner.

PeeKBee

Guest AFK_Matrix

Well looks like i'm not gonna be able to get this deal :D .

All I can think is becuase I signed up on the 21st I was just one day too early for this deal, as people who signed up on the 22nd are getting the deal.

Its a right pain but hey ho u live and learn, won't be so eager to get a new phone on the day its released lol.

Guest darrellr
Well looks like i'm not gonna be able to get this deal :D .

All I can think is becuase I signed up on the 21st I was just one day too early for this deal, as people who signed up on the 22nd are getting the deal.

Its a right pain but hey ho u live and learn, won't be so eager to get a new phone on the day its released lol.

Right (I was a day one customer too!)

Just got off phone with 'Adam' in retentions. I pointed out that I had revoked my contract, that the returns bag had arrived and that I'd stay if I got the fiver off + free 3 months wnw. He said no chance, just order another. I said that I'd read on the web it was possible could you ask your manager? He went off, came back - still no, but he was going to call web sales. Web sales said 'No probs'.

Ten minutes later I checked "My T-Mobile" and I have '

Guest Loconinja

My phone is on a business contract, so I initially phoned Customer Services on 0845 412 2200. They said no, so I asked to be put through to sales.

I don't know what happens if you actually quit within the 30 days, as I didn't have to do it in the end!

Guest AFK_Matrix

WOOOOHOOOOO :D :D :D

Ok at this moment I am trying not to bounce round the office with pure happiness lol.

Thought what the hell will give it one more go. So just phoned up went through to customer services and asked to be put through to sales, and the customer services guy said whats the problem. So went through the expliantion of the

If you missed this discount, but took out your contract less than 30 days ago, you should be able to get it. Be prepared to be persistent and to threaten to quit and take out a new contract. Speak to Sales, not Customer Services.

Good Luck!

I thought there was only a 7 day cooling off period? Where did you find out about the 30 day thing?