Very Unhappy with Orange M600 SPV

Guest gazeem

Guest gazeem

Hi,

I've had a M600 for 2 months now and I beginning to get to the end of my tether with it.

For the last 18 months I have had an I-mate jam and was reasonably happy with that and know what a PPC should do.

with my M600 I have had:

--terrible problems getting TOM TOM bluetooth to work - had to hack the registry to get a GPS icon on connections and then still have to go through the pairing dance virtually every time I use it.

-- terrible problems getting poctet nav OS 2004 to work with the GPS same pairing dance issue every time I load it - (the secure box is unchecked!)

--a delay of up to 2 minutes for the M600 to find the bluetooth car kit (the i-mate was instantaneous).

--trouble with the excel spreadsheets I keep on my device they keep saving as other versions then the desktop converts them back, so i now have a long list of files that I have to manually edit, eb spread, spread(1), spread(2), spread(3)

the help page on the orange website for the device is very simplistic (how to save a contact etc) .

I seem to be having a lot of hassle for the benefit of a 2.0Mb camera and internal wifi over the i-mate jam and amthinking of reverting back to it!

Are these WM5 issues and if so is there going to be a patch!

Is anyone else having these issues,

Rant Over,

Gaz

Guest mcwarre

Ah Senor Gazeem,

May be worth changing the title to attract help with the bluetooth issues. Naughty boys shouldn't cross-post either. Best of luck MK lurve MW

Guest mcwarre
you could always buy a map they dont have any running costs

Gosh. How helpful! :D :D :D :D

Where did the OP mention running costs? Mnamna do do de do do...................

Edited by mcwarre

I also have an M600 and cant get TomTom to see the GPS receiver. I think its a com port issue but I too am waiting to see if anyone has any ideas. I think it might be a fault with WM5. I have made a post here elsewhere with the same propblem.