M500 and sim incompatible?

Guest allydent

Guest allydent

Having acquired my new Vario II I've decided to donate my SPV m500 handset to a friend. I unlocked the phone and tested it with both t-mobile and o2 contract sims, no problems.

When we tried to use her o2 PAYG sim we got an error message of the "sim card invalid or missing. Please contact your service provider" variety.

We spoke to o2 who said it's definitely not the sim, which will work with any non-3G phone. But this page suggests that kind of message means it needs a new sim.

Does her slightly elderly sim need updating to match a windows mobile phone? Will getting a replacement sent out help? Or is PAYG simply not compatible with this handset?

Anybody have any experience?

Thanks, Alistair.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Shouldnt matter if its PAYG or not. Does her SIM work in any other handsets? If it does check the contacts are all clean and making...er...contact on the M500.

Guest allydent
Shouldnt matter if its PAYG or not. Does her SIM work in any other handsets? If it does check the contacts are all clean and making...er...contact on the M500.

Yeah the sim works with other handsets and the handset works with other sims. Frustrating to say the least.