Problem storing Notes on a Storage Card

Guest littlecharva

Guest littlecharva

Hi,

I've got an M600, and I want to keep my Notes in different folders on my memory card depending upon which category they fit into. For example, here's a quick snap of my folder structure:

Storage Card

|-My Documents

|-Notes

|-Audio

|-To Do Lists

|-Projects

When I go into Notes, "All Folders" is set as the default location. Only Notes stored in the root of my memory card show in this list. When I click on "All Folders", it gives me the option to specify a location, but there is no way to select the Storage Card in this list.

Is this what I'm stuck with, or am I missing something obvious?

I'd like to be able to click "All Folders" and navigate to my "Storage Card/My Documents/Notes/Audio" folder.

Littlecharva

• 2 months later...
Guest thenonoman
Hi,

I've got an M600, and I want to keep my Notes in different folders on my memory card depending upon which category they fit into. For example, here's a quick snap of my folder structure:

Storage Card

|-My Documents

|-Notes

|-Audio

|-To Do Lists

|-Projects

When I go into Notes, "All Folders" is set as the default location. Only Notes stored in the root of my memory card show in this list. When I click on "All Folders", it gives me the option to specify a location, but there is no way to select the Storage Card in this list.

Is this what I'm stuck with, or am I missing something obvious?

I'd like to be able to click "All Folders" and navigate to my "Storage Card/My Documents/Notes/Audio" folder.

Littlecharva

This drove me insane for a week. Total lack of documentation online. For some reason, Notes, Word, and Excel will not recognize the file structure on removable media unless there is a corresponding folder saved in the main memory. For example, to be able to see the contents of my "Class Files" folder on my SD card, I had to put an empty folder in the main My Documents folder called "Class Files." The file folders must have the same name, but it is not necessary to have anything in them, clogging up built-in storage. It is a pain in the butt if you have lots of folders on your card, but it is the only thing that I have found to work at all. In Notes, all your files in whatever folder you choose will appear, but the ones on the card will have a different icon.

As for subfolders, forget it. In 5 years of pocketpc ownership, I have never gotten Notes, Word, or Excel to recognize subfolders. I would recommend three separate notes folders:

Notes-Audio

Notes-ToDoList

Notes-Projects

They will all be in order on the drop-down, and thus easy to access.