Hermes Start Menu

Guest blackparagon

Guest blackparagon

Hi guys,

I received my m3100 today and I'm having fun with it so far. One thing that's bothering me is the start menu - it fills itself up with programs I don't want listed there (usually ones I have opened previously) and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to fix it. Is there a tweak, app or option that will enable me to fix the start menu programs, and stop it populating the menu with random programs?

Secondly, I personally hate the 'giant icon' view when you go into programs or accessories. I want it to be a list of programs, with a small icon, in alphabetical order (which would make a lot more sense!)

I had this same issue when I moved from my c550 to c600, and sorted it with a program at the time. However, I can't track it down (or find any info on my other issue) by searching.

Can a kindly brain help me out?

Guest blackparagon
Hi guys,

I received my m3100 today and I'm having fun with it so far. One thing that's bothering me is the start menu - it fills itself up with programs I don't want listed there (usually ones I have opened previously) and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to fix it. Is there a tweak, app or option that will enable me to fix the start menu programs, and stop it populating the menu with random programs?

Secondly, I personally hate the 'giant icon' view when you go into programs or accessories. I want it to be a list of programs, with a small icon, in alphabetical order (which would make a lot more sense!)

I had this same issue when I moved from my c550 to c600, and sorted it with a program at the time. However, I can't track it down (or find any info on my other issue) by searching.

Can a kindly brain help me out?

I've not had any luck with this issue yet, but I've found a neat alternative to using the start menu altogether. A program called right menu, which essentially gives you another start menu in the bottom right hand corner. It's fully configurable, which is exactly what I want.

:D

http://www.mycnknow.com/rightmenuen.htm

Guest Confused Stu

As another,simpler stop gapalternative, just go into File Explorer and go into Windows/Start Menu/Programs and have a tidy up. Mine is now looking much neater in about four folders.

This is what I've always done with my Start menus as I hate wading through piles of "used once and won't need for another six months" icons to get to the one I want!