Alarm weirdness

Guest hicks

Hi, I'm a long time lurker on the forum since my C500 days. I am posting begging for help and am hoping that someone can help me avoid another hard reset :D

For the last four days my phone has rung an alarm at 1115. Nothing odd about that, except that I don't have any reminders set. Four days ago I set a reminder for 1115, dismissed it as usual, then later on that day unticked the reminder box (in the bog standard built in three reminder tickbox screen). I do NOT have any reminders/appointments set which have been synched from outlook.

First thing I thought was to try ticking the 1115 reminder box then unticking it. I've done a quick registry search for "1115" on the off chance the reminders were saved in this format, but there's nothing. I have tried setting reminders on the three tickbox screen for 1115, letting them ring, then clearing them (with soft resets in between, and not) but to no avail.

I haven't installed any software for about a month or so. Really I'm just hoping someone has come across this before - I've searched on modaco and googled about but I'm buggered if I can find anything about this.

Thanks for any help in advance :D

(edit) Meant to mention that I'm using the current UK T-mob firmware

Edited by hicks

I'm having something similarly weird. A week ago, an alarm went off at 2 in the morning. When i checked it, I found that all 3 alarms has been set to go off within an hour of each other (I hadn't set this). "Weird" I thought.

Since then, I've found that when rebooting the phone (which I have to do fairly often), the alarm goes off over and over again, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. It will eventually calm down once the phone is running.

Also, ever since the early morning alarm incident, the alarm occasionally just goes off for no reason at all at various times, over and over (with about 3 to 5 minutes between each alarm).

I ws assuming it's the built in alarms, anyway, because it's always "t-mobile 3" sound that gets played, and as near as I can tell, the alarms are the only thing set to use that sound. However, i just changed the 3 alarms to "alarm1", and yet the tmobile3 sound keeps playing over and over.

The only way i can get it to stop currently is to turn off "events (warnings, system events)", but this sucks because then it seems I don't get any notification of calendar events, which I rely on daily.

I have to say, this is driving me (and my wife) nuts. Any suggestions?

Edited by rahdo

Bloody weird, the alarm didn't go off this morning. I changed *nothing* since yesterday. Maybe the phone saw me posting here and decided to mess with my head by not doing it today :D

The problem will be a notification in the notify queue that should not be there. For a calendar reminder it will be a calendar.exe notification. Use the attached program to check the notification queue - find the one with 11.15 time and delete it. For the alarm notification - turn off alarm and check the queue and delete any clock.exe notifications which is the one for alarms. Also goto options/settings and tick both boxes and check for duplicate notifications which will be marked in red - delete those. Do not delete the other notifications they are needed for the normal running of the device.

Activesync your device and run exe from pc.

checknotifications_install.exe

Guest slimgym
For the last four days my phone has rung an alarm at 1115. Nothing odd about that, except that I don't have any reminders set.

I had exactly the same thing the other weekend, the alarm kept coming up even though it was still off. I couldn't see any reason why but noticed one morning when it came up that the right soft key had a "menu" option which had the option to "dismiss all" which I selected and it stopped going off each morning.

Esh, thanks for the tip. If only the problem hadn't stopped as spontaneously as it started :D

It does sound very much like you have hit the nail on the head though - I will keep that app handy in case it ever happens again. Thanks!