EXCLUSIVE: Orange Netherlands: New phones, new problems

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

Our man in NL, Peekie, has been doing a bit of digging and found out some rather interesting and worrying information...

Apparently, Orange NL will not sell the M3100, the C700 or the Samsung Blackjack! Instead, in August (now supposedly), they will sell the F600, September will see the C100 and October will see Orange release the HTC Trinity and the Excalibur (official Orange names not known as yet)!

Now, the eagle eyed among you will have noticed I said "F600 in August". So, where is it? Well, the only SPV stock Orange NL have at the moment is of the C600 and once that stock runs out, they will have no stock of any SPV device! Why? They're stuck in customs and nobody seems to know when they'll be released! As a result, there is now a rather long waiting list for all SPV devices in Holland (bar the C600) and this problem has got so bad that they have removed the M3000 and M600 from the Orange.nl site. Not fun times for Dutch WM lovers :D

However, this situation does raise a few questions for the rest of us: are Orange dropping the Blackjack in favour of the Excalibur? Will the Trinity and the Excalibur come to the UK or the rest of Europe? Could this problem with customs have further repercussions? :D

In other Orange NL news, they've made a partnership with T-Mobile to allow their users to access T-Mobile hotspots :D Relase for this HERE (in Dutch).

I've heard the same thing from a friend of mine that works at orangeNL

Friend of mine is waiting for a m600 to arrive but still no luck. I've been torn between the decision if I should get a great new Hermes or a startrek. (phone to workwith or phone that doesn't bulge in my pocket)

Hope I don't get the same trouble when I get to that point.

Pigo

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard the same thing from a friend of mine that works at orangeNL

Friend of mine is waiting for a m600 to arrive but still no luck. I've been torn between the decision if I should get a great new Hermes or a startrek. (phone to workwith or phone that doesn't bulge in my pocket)

Hope I don't get the same trouble when I get to that point.

Pigo

Great! Can you get your friend at Orange to sort out internally the DNS issue on M3100 in UK ????

Orange Uk deny flatly there is a problem when there is!. Internet Explorer stuck on "locating" even if yoiu change the DNS server to another. Use Wifi and the pages are instant. Waiting for 1 to 2 minutes on 3G is not normal for every web site!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.