Outlook/Activesync mail sync

Guest blackparagon

Guest blackparagon

Hi, I am trying to set up my email on my M3100. I have gmail on my home pc and am using Outlook 2002. I have syncronised the MDA with the pc and it has replicated all my outlook mail folders onto the phone. However, when I set up my email account on the phone it sets it up as a separate account within 'messaging' and the 'send/receive' option within Outlook Email on the phone is greyed out. I have tried to send a message but it just puts it in the outbox and doesn't send it ... what am I doing wrong?!

I believe I had the same problem with my C600, and had to have two seperate accounts - one for viewing outlook mail and one for sending/receiving pop mail on the move. This can't be right surely?

Guest proindigo
Hi, I am trying to set up my email on my M3100. I have gmail on my home pc and am using Outlook 2002. I have syncronised the MDA with the pc and it has replicated all my outlook mail folders onto the phone. However, when I set up my email account on the phone it sets it up as a separate account within 'messaging' and the 'send/receive' option within Outlook Email on the phone is greyed out. I have tried to send a message but it just puts it in the outbox and doesn't send it ... what am I doing wrong?!

I believe I had the same problem with my C600, and had to have two seperate accounts - one for viewing outlook mail and one for sending/receiving pop mail on the move. This can't be right surely?

You are getting confused between outlook mail and your onboard pop mail. Your outlook mail will only let you send mail through outlook (and delete messages) when you sync the mobile it will only update your outlook.

If you put in your gmail settings on your handheld (clicking add account ) then you will be able to send. Check out your t-mobile manual to learn more detail!

Guest blackparagon

I'm aware of that, but it seems stupid that I have to have two different email accounts. Why can't the outlook mail account also send and receive, and then sync those items with outlook when I next run activesync? It means that any messages sent from my gmail pop account don't get archived in my outlook 'sent items'. It seems a very backward, unnecessarily complicated way of doing things.