Media Player hangs when adding new content & U instead of 3 for UMTS

Guest asantaga

Guest asantaga

Hi all,

I have a Vodaphone VPA 1605 (HTC Hermes) and all was working fine but just like all newbies Id installed every single "freeware" program I could, some bad some good that the registry/device started to spew error messages from programs which Id deinstalled.. Anyway as a seasoned ppc owner (ipaqs mainly) I decided to cold reset it to clear it all and start afresh..

Now Im seeing two issues....

1. I have media loaded onto a 2GB SDMicro card, when I insert the card media player scans the card for music, finds about 70 tracks and then ..... hangs... It hangs at the end when it says "Adding new files".. eventually it comes back (after 2-4 minutes) and says its added ONE file. :-(

2. Previously the device would show a Number "3" to indicate it was on a 3g network, now it shows "U". Personally I dont mind 3 or U but im noticing that data transfer seams to be much much slower.. especially when finding the website/email server

finally, when the machine did cold boot it did run the software in the extended rom to add the vodaphone customisations..

Any ideas???

Angelo

Edited by asantaga

Guest asantaga

Just to add Ive tried changing the dns from default to the opennic ones as recommended by paul (Performance problems on your Mobile Internet connection? Try this!) on the main page. Seams to work.. but still feels slower.....

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Strange that it isnt the same after running all the extended ROM customisations. I guess you could try another hard reset and see if that helps, no guarantees though.

As for the media issue, i dont know, i've never had any probs with PPC in the past using a 1GB card, again, its possible another hard reset might work. My Jasjar was running oddly after i updated the ROM, seemed better after a hard reset...

Sorted media player!!!

Sorted the media player issues by deleteing the \storage card\msmetadata directory on the storage card..

I've got O's M3100 (same phone), I also have 2Gig MicroSD and have had the same problem with the Media Player picking up the storage card. On initial sync. it's fine, plays well for hours. Then when I leave it alone for a bit, Media Player won't reconginise the Storage Card, but Explorer does. So far, I've been reformatting the MicroSD and resyncing with desktop Media Player. I'm currently on my third go and it's working fine at the moment but next time I will look for 'msmetadata' and delete as suggested.

But surely this is a software fault that needs a permanent fix?

Guest crazyc
I've got O's M3100 (same phone), I also have 2Gig MicroSD and have had the same problem with the Media Player picking up the storage card. On initial sync. it's fine, plays well for hours. Then when I leave it alone for a bit, Media Player won't reconginise the Storage Card, but Explorer does. So far, I've been reformatting the MicroSD and resyncing with desktop Media Player. I'm currently on my third go and it's working fine at the moment but next time I will look for 'msmetadata' and delete as suggested.

But surely this is a software fault that needs a permanent fix?

Same issue with M3100. 1 gig card only. removing msmetadat worked but issue reappered for no reason. Am going to try a different media player.......

Guest ClintEastman
Same issue with M3100. 1 gig card only. removing msmetadat worked but issue reappered for no reason. Am going to try a different media player.......

Same problem here. :D