MY M5000 has stopped working

Guest zarquon

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Defo try a hard reset before calling OCS. If that doesnt help and you do then i wouldn't hold out much hope for them finding a quick fix tbh :/

Guest zarquon

Finaly got round to trying hard reset... still no IMEI number, currently in the queue for OCS (7 minutes so far and that is to the business line) Fortunatly I had my Modaco C600 to fall back on.

I'll let you know the outcome

Total lengh of phone call 50 minutes, although the last 25 was them calling me as they wanted my sim in the M5000. The lady I spoke to went through her crib sheet of this to check and at the end said she was going to pass it to technical support and I should hear from them within 24 hours. Well asuming that is normal working days they have until 10:30 tomorrow (Monday).

Edited by zarquon

Guest zarquon

So yesterday a call from orange to say my phone was faulty and a new one would be dispatched, and what time would I like it and to keep stylus, battery and memory card.

New (and I do think it is new) arrived. It has a different keyboard. On my old one the secondary characters were small and red, on the new one they are larger and orange.

The machine reports:

Operator version : 7.130.1.174

ROM version : 1.30.90 WWE

ROM date : 02/24/06

Radio Version : 1.03.00

Protocol Version : 42.36.P8

ExtROM version : 1.30.174 WWE

Edited by zarquon

Guest Confucious

O2 Exec:

ROM version : 1.30.107 WWE

ROM date : 04/11/06

Radio Version : 1.09.00

Protocol Version : 42.42.P8

The old radio version on the M5000 is probably why people have so many problems with this compared to other versions.

Guest zarquon

There is a ROM update on the Orange Business web site so the details are the same except now have Radio Version : 1.13.00

I have a in-car holder and the car has bluetooth. My old M500 kept dropping the connection, this one connects and stays connected. I assume that the Bluetooth is not affected by the radio change but so far this one is better all round.