Vario II - email and www settings

Guest AndrewH13

Guest AndrewH13

(reposted, as realised added to wrong forum)

Hi, having teething probs on Vario with email and internet, maybe answers are obvious but would be glad of some help. Never used PDA before but familiar with net settings.

I set up first of all using wizard, then another method (outlook mail? that I now cannot find!) Ended up with 2 accounts and neither worked. I used server settings from my main PC internet provider eg auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk

Should I use t-mobile servers like you are suggesting or is this just if setting up a new email account at T-Mobile? I just want to continue with my current 2 pop3 email accounts.

Suddenly they both worked, bringing in the same 17 emails, and are shown as separate INBOXES, then there is a further Outlook INBOX.

Firstly, how do I get rid of duplicate account, there seems no option (like in outlook express) to delete accounts?

Secondly what is the difference between these and Outlook FOLDERS or does that setup after synching?

Thirdly, emails were still present on home PC, like when you use webmail. Why is this?

When trying to delete, I found option for Email Connection: THE INTERNET, T-Mobile INTERNET and MY ISP. They were both set to The INTERNET. Again is this correct and what is the difference?

I have found that despite '3G' showing all the time, with 2-4 strength bars, the www works for a few mins then not for 5 mins. When pages wont load, I get error 0x80072f78. Is this like a common 'webpage cannot be found' type message? Is this intermittant connection common?

Lastly, cant find HSDPA on online account settings anywhere so phoned TM but Technical had long queue, but then when Net was working, I got a 1.2 megabits per second reading from bandwidthplace.com using 3G Wireless as the Communiocation type. So can I assume it is on?

Sorry for so many questions!