Startup Splash Screen Missing

Guest jonlad

Guest jonlad

On starting up my M600 the Orange splash screen comes up followed by a plain white one which stays up for about 5/6 seconds before the today screen opens.

I have the file welcomehead.96.png contained in the My device/windows/ directory which I think is the file that used to be displayed instead of the blank.

Anyone know how I can re-instate it ?

Thanks.

Edited by jonlad

welcomehead is the correct file as you correctly assume, and it sounds like its in the right place, I searched through the registry on my device when you posted a couple of days ago but couldn't find any keys pointing to it, so unless someone figures it out then yes, probably a hard reset is your only option

sorry I can't be of more help

I have this same issue, and it started after I installed the latest version of pRSSreader. I haven't found a solution yet...

Which is exactly the same time as mine went T.U. :D

I tried uninstalling and then soft reset without success, so now we have a possible reason I'm off to pRSS to e-mail the author.

Will post any replies here.

edit: UPDATE

I managed to get the splash screen back by;

Downloading the zipped cab file direct to the ppc, installing it, reseting (final part of installation) then uninstalling and reseting (final part of uninstall) and there it was.

The original installation was the exe pc install over activesync which when removed didn't appear to re-instate the splash.

Edited by jonlad

Which is exactly the same time as mine went T.U. :D

I tried uninstalling and then soft reset without success, so now we have a possible reason I'm off to pRSS to e-mail the author.

Will post any replies here.

edit: UPDATE

I managed to get the splash screen back by;

Downloading the zipped cab file direct to the ppc, installing it, reseting (final part of installation) then uninstalling and reseting (final part of uninstall) and there it was.

The original installation was the exe pc install over activesync which when removed didn't appear to re-instate the splash.

Which cab file did you install? The one for pRSSReader or something different?

[EDIT] I just installed, then uninstalled pRSSReader and that fixed mine too! Thanks for the info!!![/EDIT]

Edited by URPREY