need advice

Guest andyr250471

Guest andyr250471

Hi All

Need some advice, my v1605 has developed a fault in that it will no longer charge the battery, this is after 16 days old. I have changed the ROM form vodafone rom to latest htc release. Will vodafone still except this as a return given that the rom has been changed. if not how can I put the original ROM back on the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Guest bydandie
Hi All

Need some advice, my v1605 has developed a fault in that it will no longer charge the battery, this is after 16 days old. I have changed the ROM form vodafone rom to latest htc release. Will vodafone still except this as a return given that the rom has been changed. if not how can I put the original ROM back on the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

OK there is no Voda release ROM as yet. Voda will probably tell you that you have invalidated the warranty but bear with me on this one.

The EULA that came with the v1605, for example, makes the following statements:

"DEVICE Software. You may use the DEVICE Software as installed on the DEVICE."

It also states under the section marked "UPGRADES AND RECOVERY MEDIA."

"DEVICE Software. If the DEVICE Software is provided by HTC separate from the DEVICE on media such as a ROM chip, CD-ROM disk(s) or via web download.....and is labeled "For Upgrade Purposes Only", you may install one copy of such DEVICE software onto the device as a replacement copy for the existing DEVICE software, and use it in accordance with this EULA, including any addition EULA terms accompanying the upgrade DEVICE software."

Seeing as the only reference to the validity of the warranty is within the Vodafone user guide where it states "YOUR WARRANTY IS INVALIDATED IF YOU OPEN OR TAMPER WITH THE DEVICE'S OUTER CASING", Voda cannot legally refuse to replace your device. However, bearing in mind that Voda C/S don't even know that they are the warranty holders for the device, and not Qtek/HTC, it might get messy.

Let us know how you get on.