Vodafone UK Settings for Hermes

Guest mgumbs

Guest mgumbs

Hi,

I have a Tytn and am using a Vodafone SIM in it.

I have the settings for GPRS/MMS etc for Voda installed via an old .cab file i had from my old smartphone. I can use 3G and GPRS fine but i cant get onto Vodafone Live portal.

Does anyone with a v1605 have a .cab file from their phone with the proper settings for Voda on? I cant help feeling i am missing an all important proxy or wap setting somewhere which will allow me on the Live portal.

Cheers,

M

Hi,

I have a Tytn and am using a Vodafone SIM in it.

I have the settings for GPRS/MMS etc for Voda installed via an old .cab file i had from my old smartphone. I can use 3G and GPRS fine but i cant get onto Vodafone Live portal.

Does anyone with a v1605 have a .cab file from their phone with the proper settings for Voda on? I cant help feeling i am missing an all important proxy or wap setting somewhere which will allow me on the Live portal.

Cheers,

M

I've got a v1605 from Vodafone, and strangely there is no easy way to get to Live! - on past Voda phones, just about every button you pressed started your browser and fired up Live!

It sounds like you've got al the settings OK. You can check them against this useful list of data settings for all carriers [here].

The homepage for Live! should be http://live.vodafone.com, but if I try to go to it using my genuine Vodafone phone, nothing happens - it just keeps telling me it's 'Locating'... Much the same as if you try to access it via a PC...

So, I think the problem is probably at Live!'s side, rather than with your setup. Perhaps they haven't done a v1605 version of the site yet???

Guest mgumbs

I get the same as you, it just says 'Locating....' for about a minute, then a blank screen.

Could well be the Live side at fault. Maybe a fix will come soon.

I've got a v1605 from Vodafone, and strangely there is no easy way to get to Live! - on past Voda phones, just about every button you pressed started your browser and fired up Live!

It sounds like you've got al the settings OK. You can check them against this useful list of data settings for all carriers [here].

The homepage for Live! should be http://live.vodafone.com, but if I try to go to it using my genuine Vodafone phone, nothing happens - it just keeps telling me it's 'Locating'... Much the same as if you try to access it via a PC...

So, I think the problem is probably at Live!'s side, rather than with your setup. Perhaps they haven't done a v1605 version of the site yet???

Guest tytn1000
I get the same as you, it just says 'Locating....' for about a minute, then a blank screen.

Could well be the Live side at fault. Maybe a fix will come soon.

I got vodafone live to work on my v1605 by doing the following:

Go to: Settings

Connections tab

Connections icon

Advanced tab

Select Networks

In the box which says: "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:"

Change from 'My ISP' to 'WAP'.

Vodafone live should now load in IE... but with no pictures???

• 4 weeks later...
I got vodafone live to work on my v1605 by doing the following:

Go to: Settings

Connections tab

Connections icon

Advanced tab

Select Networks

In the box which says: "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:"

Change from 'My ISP' to 'WAP'.

Vodafone live should now load in IE... but with no pictures???

I have tried this but there is no option on my phone for WAP. how do I get this option?