Synchronizing Vario 2 using Activesync 4.2

Guest gruff101

Guest gruff101

Just installed Activesync to sync all my data in 2003. Had a lot of problems the latest of which is Zonealarm which is preventing the synchronization process from finishing. When I shut Zonealarm down the synchronization process finishes. I checked the access and all four processes have "Super" access. I can't think of anything else that I should be doing. Any suggestions?

Oh also love my Vario 2. Any recommdations for apps?

Thanks.

Guest Palindrome

You could try deleting all references to Activesync and Windows Explorer in Zonealarm. That way next time you use Activesync Zonealarm will detect the connection and reconfigure itself. Failing that, do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

I used to use Zonealarm, but I found Norton Internet Security gave me far less problems.

As for app recommendations, I think PocketLAN, Mortplayer and the MemoryMap Mapping software are my favourites.

Edited by Palindrome

in zone alarm under firewall zones when you try to sync you will probably find activesync is marked as allowed if you change this to trusted it should solve your problems.

Edited by CJL

Guest gruff101
in zone alarm under firewall zones when you try to sync you will probably find activesync is marked as allowed if you change this to trusted it should solve your problems.

Thanks for the help. I uninstalled it and went with McAfee 2006. I'm still getting the same problem though. The following entries are in the Internet Applications list:

Activesync Application

Activesync Connection Manager

Activesync Rapi Manager

Activesync Troubleshooting Manager

All have full access. Is there anything else that I have to add such as ports?

Thanks.

Guest Palindrome

Same problem as in when you disable McAfee Activesync finishes without a problem?

Is your version of Activesync 4.2?

Have you checked that Windows XP firewall is disabled (long shot)?

When McAfee configured Activesync for the first time did any other programs, not explicitly stating 'Activesync', ask for permission to access the internet?