Bluetooth Issue w/ Incoming Calls

Guest politby

Guest politby

Greetings,

I've had my new TyTN for a week now and I find it works very well except for some issues with the Bluetooth implementation.

There are a number of well known problems with A2DP and wireless bluetooth headphones, but one that I haven't seen mentioned has to do with answering incoming calls. Sometimes when I try to pick up an incoming call on my SE HBH-300 headset, clicking the headset's button will answer the call but there will be no sound, neither from the headset or on the phone itself - I can't hear the caller and the caller can't hear me.

Using the call in progress menu to disconnect the handsfree will restore the call to the phone, and I can then bring it back to the headset by pressing the headset's button.

A soft reset of the phone will usually enable the next incoming call to be answered properly using the headset.

This issue does not affect outgoing calls via the headset, they always work out OK.

Anyone else who has seen this? Must be a bug.

/POL

Guest politby
Greetings,

I've had my new TyTN for a week now and I find it works very well except for some issues with the Bluetooth implementation.

There are a number of well known problems with A2DP and wireless bluetooth headphones, but one that I haven't seen mentioned has to do with answering incoming calls. Sometimes when I try to pick up an incoming call on my SE HBH-300 headset, clicking the headset's button will answer the call but there will be no sound, neither from the headset or on the phone itself - I can't hear the caller and the caller can't hear me.

Using the call in progress menu to disconnect the handsfree will restore the call to the phone, and I can then bring it back to the headset by pressing the headset's button.

A soft reset of the phone will usually enable the next incoming call to be answered properly using the headset.

This issue does not affect outgoing calls via the headset, they always work out OK.

Anyone else who has seen this? Must be a bug.

/POL

Responding to my own post.

Turns out that I may have found the cause of the problem and the explanation why no one else seems to have been experiencing it.

I had the JETware Mobile Extension installed to make the TyTN work better with my Parrot car kit. That software does things with the Bluetooth headset communications so I uninstalled it just to check if that could have been the problem - and the problem is gone, at least for now.

Will follow up to this post again if the problem reappears.

/POL